cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta Pay for Kroger

Wellis6867
Saver

About a month ago, Kroger showed up as being able up use Ibotta Pay. 

I added money to the giftcard and not a single person at Kroger knew how to run it.

Customer service tried.

I tried 3 Kroger stores. All the same issue.

Now, it is no longer listed and I'm stuck with an electronic giftcard I can't use. Any suggestions?

7 Replies

Re: Ibotta Pay for Kroger

Elyssa_Morris
Rewards Hunter

Do you still have access to the gift card on Ibotta app? Maybe try using in self checkout or for payment for grocery pickup?

0 Likes

seflory
Shopper

I tried this several months ago and had the same issue.  However, lately it has seemed to improve.  You cannot use their self check out and instead, you have to go thru one with a cashier.   

0 Likes

Wendy1
Deal Sharer

I’ve run into similar issues. The majority of the time we know more about Ibotta offers than the particular merchants 😱. Recommend you contact customer service. It’s not your fault this happened. In my opinion, you should be compensated.  Ibotta has excellent customer service 💕

Good Luck 🍀

Wendy

0 Likes

Dedrean12
Rewards Hunter

You can get a refund for that gift card. I had the same thing happen to me just send a message to Ibotta explaining the situation.  I received a credit from my bank and a refund for the gift card.

0 Likes

ilmk0801
Shopper

I would contact the Care team. They were super quick when I asked for a refund on my Kroger gift card I got that no one knew how to redeem. I gave them a full description of what I did and told them I wanted a refund and they did.

0 Likes

Elyadimple
Rewards Hunter

I had the same problem at 3 stores. Until about 3 weeks ago one cashier manually input GC number and pin and it worked! So maybe try to find a friendly cashier who will be willing to try it. Cashier asked me for a physical GC and I said it didn’t existed, only electronic. Too bad Kroger has an issue with that, I shopped quite a bit at Kroger this summer but after that case I never used pay with iBotta there anymore - too much of a hassle. . 

0 Likes

Wellis6867
Saver

Thank you everyone! I'll contact customer care!

0 Likes