cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta's total purchases does not match with total amount of rebate

queencarbs
Rewards Hunter

Can we cancel submission of a receipt?

Because before submitting my receipt, I saw the right amount of item but after hitting submit receipt, it gave me the wrong amount.

And I don't want to be "commiting fraud" as what other posts in this community mentions, so now I'm worried.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Re: Ibotta's total purchases does not match with total amount of rebate

What-Shot
Super Saver

Yes, something(s) can be done, but cancelling your submission is NOT one of them.

Apparently, you are able to view the receipt in "pending" to know that the amount is different. First, I would wait until it clears pending, because it is not uncommon for the amount to adjust correctly after it processes.

If, however, it has cleared pending and some of the offers were missed, you can re-submit the same receipt and redeem ONLY THE MISSED offers.

Finally, because of the issue you have described, I have started to take a screen shot of what the app shows as matched offers BEFORE I tap submit.

I hope you find this helpful! 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Re: Ibotta's total purchases does not match with total amount of rebate

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

I agree with @What-Shot's suggestion. If your receipt currently is "pending," you should wait until it is finished. Many of us here have had receipts in pending-mode that don't accurately reflect what we submitted or what we end up getting.

Do keep your eye on that until you are satisfied. On a couple of rare occasions, I had a pending receipt that simply "disappeared."

0 Likes