cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ibotta took away all my money earned

Frustrated
Shopper

What's the point of spending all this time and money to do these deals when ibotta can take it all back?

I really worked to get 50 rebates completed by going to stores, Target, Safeway, Sprouts, Wholefoods etc. In this pandemic. First time finished 50 rebates for $20 bonus. I was so satisfied to finally finish it before 9/30 deadline. But that was shortlived. ibotta locked my account so I could not withdraw any of that money.  Every offer was valid, every receipt was clear and met guidelines and requirements. But ibotta has now taken out ALL my money, my account went from $100 to negative. So FRUSTRATED!

5 Replies

Re: ibotta took away all my money earned

emmiej
Shopper

They locked my account once, but they unlocked it, with all the money there, after I contacted them. Several family members use Ibotta, and too many people logged in on the same device (we were completely unaware of that rule). I submitted a ticket, panicked for a day or so before they responded, and then everything worked out. I would submit a help ticket. Their customer service is always very helpful. 

0 Likes

scombro01
Shopper

Emmiej - Did it take them a day to get back to you? I am on day 2 and getting nervous!  Thanks! At least I know they do respond and reactivate!

0 Likes

Frustrated
Shopper

I submitted help tickets the day it happened. They responded by taking more money out. My account kept going negative from $100. I am the only one who does ibotta. I have all the receipts saved and screenshots. Every single rebate was valid. They have not helped, they just keep closing the tickets saying solved. Its been 4 days.

Frustrated
Shopper

4th day, no they have not helped. They closed most of my tickets saying "solved". I have followed up, submitted new tickets, but nothing. 

Funny thing is email says your receipt is not readable, and you can go back to that particular teceipt on the app and see it was perfectly clear, met all guidelines. 

0 Likes

Sslagter
Deal Sharer

That’s really frustrating! I hope they get it figured out.

0 Likes