cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In store vs Online

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

Why do some stores have offers only available in store versus online? If a product is only available for Walmart as an offer under in store, if I'm using my Walmart account to purchase, will it not credit me if I do an online grocery pickup? 

0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: In store vs Online

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Tetelestai  You have to link  online account w Ibotta,  if you want to online shop. Personally I don’t link  accounts 

0 Likes

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

Right, my account is linked though. So the offer is available at Walmart in-store, but not online for grocery pick up. So I was curious if it would still get credited anyway since my account is linked. 

Can I ask out of curiosity why you prefer not to link yours?

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Tetelestai  Offers redeemed & in my account before I leave  retailers!!! Majority of community, I believe don’t link accounts.

0 Likes

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

I do like that -- unfortunately Walmart & Target require it in order to get cash back with online orders and I do the majority of my shopping online as store pickups. I wish I didn't haven't to link, it would save a lot of hassle for me to use Ibotta!

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Tetelestai Exactly!

0 Likes

phillyman
Saver

@Tetelestai I have both my Target and Walmart accounts linked because I mostly do online pickup. I've never had any problems.

I'm surprised that there is a difference between offers for online pickup and in-store purchase.. Can you please give some examples?

@Icequeen813 Why do most members not link their accounts? Does linking create some sort of problems?

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@phillyman  Yep,, delayed rebates, sometimes 48-72 hrs!

phillyman
Saver

@Icequeen813 Thanks for clarifying!

My limited experience so far with order pickup rebates is that Target takes 1 to 2 days, but Walmart takes less than 30 minutes. 

0 Likes

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

Walmart is USUALLY accurate and quick. Only had issues a couple of times. Target, on the otherhand ... that's a nightmare almost EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

0 Likes