cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ibotta a scam?

JennBet
Rewards Hunter

My account has been locked for weeks and I can’t seem to do anything but reply to my initial help ticket, which is apparently being ignored by customer service. I think this is REALLY bad business and not sure if I’ll continue with this mess. I will, however, blast my frustrations all over social media warning others. 

8 Replies

Re: Is Ibotta a scam?

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

I can assure you Ibotta is not a scam. I've only been using this app for 3 weeks and have already deposited $100 into my bank account from my coupon savings. As long as you follow the extensive set of rules, you too will be successful. One thing though...if you keep replying to your own ticket, your ticket will continue to be moved to the bottom of the list. Customer service is extremely busy at this time of year and will eventually answer your query. I know it's difficult waiting, but you need to be patient. They will respond, I assure you. Thanks.

Dana
Deal Expert

You can be locked for many reasons an audit, they think you did something fraudulent, you tried to take out money as soon as you got it, you tried to take out a larget sum at once, you did back to back transactions at once etc. Also they get 1000s of email a day for every little thing so it can take a week or more to answer you. They have a pinned post about it in the deals forum. You should of seen it. They will get to you when they can.

Sandey_30
Shopper

I can assure you it is not a scam. I have been using Ibotta since 2013 and have over $1000 in savings. Truthfully, if I was a Walmart shopper it would probably be even more because there seem to be far more rebates with them than most other stores. Just be patient. 

0 Likes

mittens
Saver

@JennBet  Here’s a link to an ongoing discussion that might help explain the difficulty you’re having.

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/community-ideas/amazon-files-complaint-re-ibotta-s-fraudulent-gift-c...

0 Likes

sandijt90
Rewards Hunter

No, I’ve earned back almost $700 in a year. I do shop with a lot of Ibotta affiliates. I wasn’t thrilled when they went more toward gift cards, but I’m always ordering from Amazon so these cards are very useful.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Most of us on this board are loyal Ibotta users and even we have troubles from time to time getting credits, but you just have to patient.  You will find plenty of negative posts also.   I find that more people are quick to complain than to pay a compliment (even in life).  Sorry you are having trouble with your account and I hope it works out for you. 

0 Likes

Savannadb
Rewards Hunter
Your link is denied to access
0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Savannadb 

I and others here can give you 5000 reasons to substantiate Ibotta's legitimacy. This app has rules to follow to prevent fraud and whenever fraudulent activity is suspected accounts are flagged. If you a have a specific issue or questions you can ask them here or contact the community manager @LaraL 

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes