cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is ibotta actively trying to destroy me?

Lorr
Rewards Guide

I’ve done target online pickups and Walmart grocery pickups more times than I can count—you don’t have to launch the app through Ibotta for those. You just need to link your account and the system will pick up your purchases as long as the rebates were unlocked in ibotta.

the only time I actively launched Walmart grocery from ibotta to place my order was when they offered $1.50 for that specifically—but my cart was already built prior to me clicking the button in ibotta. Never had any issues. 

0 Likes

Thebondgirl
Rewards Hunter

If you link your credit card to your target account, you can shop thru the target app and it will eventually be credited (2-3 days later). But watch it, they sometimes don’t credit all they should. So take pics of all and don’t hesitate to open a case if you have trouble 

0 Likes

MegaRebater
Deal Sharer

I don’t launch the Target app - it’s launching when I login through ibotta. When I go back to ibotta, sometimes the Target site is still showing in the iframe, sometimes it’s just a spinning circle. When the Target site is there and I do my shopping, I get all the normal ibotta screens telling me applicable offers will be credited, but then they aren’t. I wait for 72-96 hours and then I send in a bulleted list of all the offers and bonus credits that need to be applied along with appropriate screenshots. That is GENERALLY easily handled. As I had previously done pickup from Target through ibotta with no issues, I want it to work again. The customer service team has not been helpful. I keep getting cut and paste answers about linking & relinking (which Ive done 3 times) or asking me over and over to send a list of items that need to be credited (there aren’t any, it’s been handled), or telling me I need to add the offers before I shop (I’ve been using the app since 2016, I’m not new to this). 

I genuinely appreciate everyone’s advice about just going to the store, but I really just came here looking for a way to get actual customer support for a technical problem with the app. Based on comments, I’m gathering no one else has had any luck doing that. 

0 Likes

MegaRebater
Deal Sharer

Oh! I forgot! My FAVORITE response from customer service was, “You’ll need to submit a ticket.” I nearly lost my mind, that WAS the ticket. 

0 Likes

MegaRebater
Deal Sharer

Wait - one more: 

They told me the whole problem is because I have 2 ibotta accounts and can only have one and that the need to delete one of them. The other account they listed is my mother’s account. When I replied that it was her account and asked why it would be causing an issue, the response implied that *I* seemed to think my mother’s account might be the issue. They added that her account has nothing to do with mine. 

Im convinced at this point they’re just messing with me.