cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the aggravation worth it?

Dierigj
Deal Sharer

Anyone else get so aggravated that they're ready to toss in the towel with Ibotta?   

First it was the issues I was having with a linked Target account and getting receipts missed most of the time.  

Yes, I un-linked my card. 

Now it's items that you've selected but then don't get caught when you scan your receipt. When I added additional 

items, Ibotta accepted them and added them to my total.  Computer credited me with the items it selected but not 

the items I had to add in.   Worse is that one of the items was the $5 Any Wine credit.  

Yes, I'm venting and wondering who's out there with the same idea!

John in Cincinnati

11 Replies

Re: Is the aggravation worth it?

What-Shot
Super Saver

Apparently your question has left us speechless....or possibly contemplating:

• "Where to begin?" Or
  • "Don't get me started!"
~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Glammy

Hello John. 
so sorry that this is happening to you. I have experienced similar issues in the year that I been using Ibotta. 
They need to do a better job with the linked cards. I have unlinked all my mine because I experienced too many issues. I also always get credit immediately from Walmart but Stop&Shop (grocery) is always pending    

Having said that, the help desk has resolved all of the issues that I experienced, even when one took 2 tries and 7 days. I suggest the following:

1.  Try resubmitting the receipt. That works to catch additional offers that the 1st scan missed. 
2. Make sure the scan is focused (touch the screen)  and turn on your flash if possible. 
3. If that did not credit all, submit a ticket to the help desk. Take photos of the offers (they will still be on your list), and the products and bar codes of the items that you did not get credit fir. When the help desk opens your ticket you can submit the photos. It usually works  

I have earned >$2,000 in Ibotta rebate cash since June 2020. So it is definitely worth it. Check a post called “Tips and tricks for new users” for the lessons learned. 
Hang in there, it will get easier. Best of luck. 
Glammy. 

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Dierigj 

Happens at  Kroger every time. Always have to submit a ticket and wait to get paid.

0 Likes

Dierigj
Deal Sharer

Glammy,

Thank you for your response.  Yes, the help desk has always come through! We get so accustom to when receipts do go through with no issues and we get paid almost immediately that these little hiccups always seem to be a deterrent  to future scans (sometimes).  Wish I could compete, but only nearing $700 for the last few years.

Will read the tips!

John

0 Likes

Lbabies
Deal Sharer

I feel your pain. I learned not to link my cards the hard way. Other things I learned the hard way are that you can only resubmit your receipt 24 hours after original submission, and if you have to send in a support ticket, they'll expect screenshots of the offer, a pic of the receipt, and pics of the item and it's barcode. Personally, I can't afford to buy in bulk. Our family has yet to recover financially from last year's Covid furlough...so if I buy something, it's meant to be eaten fairly quickly, which could be a problem when response times were so slow last year. Now I take a ss of what it says I'm getting credit for, before submitting. If the deposit doesn't match, I immediately take a picture of my missing item and it's barcode in preparation for the ticket requirements. It can be aggravating, especially until you learn the ins and outs, and I've taken breaks here and there (as I have to reserve the small amount of patience God gave me for my kids 😅). 

BUT

Is it worth it? I haven't made as much as a lot of people on here, but I'm paying my power bill this month with the money Ibotta gave me for groceries I had to buy anyway....along with free $$ from bonuses that my other apps don't offer. 

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I recently passed along very similar feedback to some individuals higher up in the company. These experiences are something we are wanting to correct, and it's generally a matter of where they fit in our currently very crowded roadmap.

With that being said, I do appreciate hearing about these experiences because I do share them around internally, so thank you.

lilboss5
Rewards Hunter

I say yes. There is a lot to do to get the credits and bonus but I’ve never had a problem getting resolution in the help section, sending in support ticket. It’s time consuming and yes, at times it’s to me to picky about specific “ounces” or having to buy specific items but I don’t because that ibotta, I believe that’s the maker of the item.

0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@Dierigj I’ve been there.  My worst experience with the app has been over the last two weeks.   As others have already stated, the Care Team eventually comes through and resolves my issues. My take is normally the app works well and the rewards far outweigh the occasional frustration. 

0 Likes

Lnklnk92
Deal Sharer

Ibotta does not always work smoothly for me either but I have saved over $4000 in 3 years so I do believe using Ibotta is worth the aggravation.  Usually.  I have issues with just about every online purchase I make.  The issues are compounded when there is a big bonus out as everyone is trying to meet the requirements.

Good luck to you.  I usually get credited eventually after filing a support ticket.

0 Likes