cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kind of disappointed

Pacheco_007
Rewards Hunter

How come most of the stores have things people normally don’t buy?? 

8 Replies

Re: Kind of disappointed

BarbaraG
Saver

Perhaps if you are already buying a product, they may not need to coax you into buying another one. But if you've never tried it, or aren't using it very often, perhaps they think this will encourage you to give it a try. 

Dana
Deal Expert

The manufacture decides what rebates are given out and what products go on. If it's stuff you don't buy then don't buy it there's plenty of other rebates on ibotta than just grocery stores. Everything I have been buying for my family before I used ibotta is on ibotta so it's cash back for the stuff I buy anyway.

Kasper
Rewards Hunter

I'm disappointed in the fact that they use to have my credit card linked to use the pay with Ibotta and they now no longer allow credit cards and you can only use debit cards. They already made it difficult when it came to earning an extra 0.5-1% where you would add your Walmart account info to pay via Walmart pay or whatever then that disappeared but Ibotta pay is still available but since COVID I've noticed that I no longer have any linked cards in which they were credit cards. Those are no longer shown and what difference can a debit card make. You're going to have to pay off the credit card bill with the cash you have in your bank account anyways. This app is starting to become a nuisance.

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

When you use Pay with Ibotta, you are buying a gift card.  If you use a credit card to buy it, Ibotta gets charged by Visa/Mastercard with fees that are higher than those charged by debit cards.

Personally, I don't use my debit card for much of anything since debit cards do not have as much protection compared to credit cards.  Therefore, I no longer use Pay with Ibotta.

0 Likes

Trueakitalover
Shopper

With the amount of consumer debt, Ibotta may or may not get that cashback if people are maxing out credit cards. Do you really want to spend a 24% interest rate on a 25.00 gift card?  You don’t gain money you would loose money on that card. 

0 Likes

Jwcash
Rewards Hunter

Agreed

BarbaraG
Saver

Would that 24% be a factor to be considered if your card is always current and no interest ever charged?

0 Likes

Trueakitalover
Shopper

Hate to say it more are in debt with credit cards than not. Still not worth it. Because guess what all it takes is 1 serious health issue in America for a person to become broke, and without any income.  Most Americans are 1paycheck away from being homeless. So they truly are using those cards. Worrying about those credit cards later.  

0 Likes