cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger shoppers beware of rise cold brew

Amydstotts
Saver

The rise cold brew single cans are part of the mega event according to the tags.  They showed up on the screen and on my receipt with the +, but the $2 didn't come off of them.  My cashier looked it over a million times, had me go take a picture, and reluctantly took off the $10.  I was so looking forward to sharing the deal.  Sigh...

Has that happened to anyone else where it looks like it's going to work, but doesn't?  I found it really strange.

IMG_20221006_213348633_HDR.jpg

10 Replies

Re: Kroger shoppers beware of rise cold brew

Nikkimcniknik
Deal Sharer

Same here.  I purchased 5.  $7.50 moneymaker after krogercash back and ibotta.  The cashier had to overide the price to 50cents . Submitted to ibotta with no issues , but I noticed I didn't get credit for it on Kroger cash back. I had to call kroger customer service and the automated assistant gave me the$5 as a credit on my krogercard. 

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Nikkimcniknik @Amydstotts  You got an amazing  deal! Rise is no longer being manufactured I was told by distributor while shopping in Publix. I found one can on clearance., I love it.I was purchasing for the last year! Enjoy!

Amydstotts
Saver

My KCB didn't work either.  I have gotten pretty lazy about calling CS, but I'm definitely going to call.  The caress body wash worked, but the rise didn't.  I'm glad you got to score too...feels nice to get a good moneymaker.

0 Likes

Amydstotts
Saver

I think I've probably bought 50 cans of that stuff and never even tried it.  I don't know why...they have one with oat milk, so I assume it's vegan friendly.  It sucks when they stop making stuff we like...they did that with my salad dressing recently and I felt like a lost puppy trying to find an alternative.  haha!

0 Likes

Natygraf
Deal Sharer

I opened a ticket with Kroger, because the cashback did not work. Let's see their response...

Love this coffee, is delicious very cold. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Amydstotts 

I don't really like coffee or coffee-flavored items for the most part, and I have had enough vices in my life, but tea/coffee have never been one of them.  However, I do buy these when I get them for moneymakers or at least very cheap (50¢ or under).  When I do  buy these, I always get the one below, and I like it quite a bit:

Rickibotta_0-1665265169348.png

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

KROGER $7.50 MONEYMAKER ON 7 RISE NITRO CANS:  THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

I was excited to see the adscan preview on Monday that the Rise Nitro cans were scheduled to be part of the B3S$2  sale starting this Wednesday.   They would be a $2.50 moneymaker when combined with the ibotta rebate ($1 off each - limit 5).  I did not make it to the store on Wednesday, and before I went on Thursday morning, I noticed there was a KCB as well, sweetening the deal.   This deal had issues from the get-go although I managed to get paid.  

Transaction #1 (October 6 AM):   

• Bought 5, and all showed the '<=' designator indicating qualifying item for promotion
  • Price indicated $2.50 each, instead of the 50¢ it should have been with $2 off.  I did the 'walk of shame'  🤣 with a CSR to explain the issue and show them the shelf tag clearly showing they should ring up as 50¢ each after the 'Buy 3 or More Save $2 each'.  
  • CSR manually added a $10 DIGL CPN FEE to my transaction prior to checkout
  • KCB did not 'disappear', and I did Kroger chat in the early afternoon on OCT06.  They said they added a $5 CONSUMER RELATIONS CREDIT to my shopper's card, but when I shopped on 10.8, I realized that they actually had added $10 to my card.

$2.50 each X5 = $12.50 less $10 manual coupon adjustment = $2.50 for 5 less $5 IR ($1X5) less $5 KCB ($1X5) = $7.50 moneymaker.  Technically, it was a $12.50 moneymaker on the 5 cans since they gave me a $10 credit instead of a $5 one.

Transaction #2 (October 8 AM):   

• Ibotta offer had reset. but this time as a $1 WYB2 (limit 1)
  • Bought 2, but unlike the Thursday shop, there was no  '<=' designator indicating qualifying item for promotion.  I had bought a different product as the 3rd item, and since the Rise Nitro was not recognized as qualifying, this meant I was short the $2 discount for all 3, or $6 total.  
  • Price indicated $2.50 each, instead of the 50¢ it should have been with $2 off.  I did the 'walk of shame'  🤣 with the SCO cashier to explain the issue and show them the shelf tag clearly showing they should ring up as 50¢ each after the 'Buy 3 or More Save $2 each'.  
  • SCO cashier manually added a STORE COUPON of $6 to my transaction  prior to checkout
  • KCB still did not 'disappear'  I will not try to get KCB back for this transaction because I already got reimbursed for the 5 I bought on OCT06.  

$2.50 each X2 = $5 less $4 portion of manual coupon adjustment = $1 for both less $1 IR (WYB2) = FREE for both

tl;dr.   KCB offer is not 'disappearing.  I believe the KCB offer is NLA to clip if you haven't done so.  It is possible that the Rise Nitro has effectively been removed as a qualifying item at the corporate level by not ringing up with <= designator.  Shelf tags may be removed.  YMMV.  So caute procedere.   

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

kty
Deal Sharer

My store does not have B3S2 tag, and the sale price is $2.79

Rickibotta
Deal Master

It looks like Rise Nitro has been completely removed from this promotion.   They don't even show up as qualifying brand/item anymore.  

0 Likes