cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked account

Sharnc
Shopper

Hello

I found out my account was locked last Friday when I tried to withdraw money to my PayPal account.  I’ve submitted about tickets but have yet to get a response.  I have no idea why it is locked.  Does anyone have any idea what I can do.  I can’t seem to get any response from the Help team. The funny thing is that I can still upload receipt and do everything else except withdraw my money.

I appreciate any suggestions.  I really like this app and want to keep using it but I’m afraid I’ll have to stop until I can get some answers.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Locked account

Dana
Deal Expert

There's a few reason you could be locked an audit, they think you did something fraudulent, you tried to take out a large sum of money at 1 time, you tried to take out money as soon as you got it ect. They get 1000s of tickets a day and are still working from home if you out in more tickets you get put back to the bottom of the list and will wait longer. You can wait your turn or try and facebook message them on the ibotta facebook page.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I find these posts disturbing.  I have been saving up until I reach $1,000, and I am real close now.

Has anyone transferred $1,000 at one time the first withdrawal, and had it work without locking?

Also curious if I have a greater chance of succeeding if it is to bank account or paypal.

And the fact that you can still use the app to make ibotta money.  That is not truly an account being locked..   It makes it look like, "we don't want you to get your money, but we want you to still make us money by fulfilling offers". 

I am hopeful ibotta comes through in these situations when they should, but I don't want to wait 2 weeks or 2 months to open tickets to get MY money.    if nothing else, it is the appearance of impropriety.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Sharnc
Shopper

Thank you so much Dana.  This is very good information.  I am new to Ibotta and just learning how it works.  I will not submit another ticket now that I know how it works.  I will try to reach them on FB.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I just pulled $350 to the bank account a few days ago.  No problem, money came through within 2 days.  If you are concerned, you might want to transfer it.  I have had no problem buying gift cards or transferring money, but I honestly don't like to let my money pile up in any rebate ap.  Ibotta had gotten that high because I did a TON of rebating the last few months. Normally I pull about $100 at a time, or I buy Amazon GCs.

dbcbrown
Rewards Hunter

I am having the exact same problem. I can’t get a verification code to withdraw for gift cards and tried contacting them. Got one email asking for my number and that’s it. Purchased some items still and two items dropped off my pending submission and the others are still pending which is unusual. I liked the app and withdrew some money before for a small amount but now with a large amount its not working? The response time is ridiculous. I’m with you not buying anything else until this is fixed. Lost out on an item I wanted to purchase for Christmas because I couldn’t get the money. 

0 Likes

Sharnc
Shopper

Yeah, I’m really disappointed because I totally love using the app and I hate missing out on the good deals.  I just feel I need to know what the issue is before I buy anything else.  I hope we will hear something soon!

0 Likes

Debbydo11
Shopper

I had the same problem, I was locked out of transferring money because I couldn’t remember my password and entered it to many times. I entered a help ticket and while I was waiting I was able to utilize everything else on Ibotta. After a few days it was unlocked and I was able to transfer 2,500 to PayPal. I received the money in less than an hour. 

ImaHappyMama
Deal Sharer

0 Likes

ImaHappyMama
Deal Sharer

I agree. I’ve been using Ibotta religiously over the last couple months with the plan to use the money for the holidays. I’m planning to withdraw a couple weeks before Christmas, but now I’m wondering if I should do it sooner. 

0 Likes