cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Lucky leaf scoop cake

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

If you haven't tried this scoop cake I recommend it as it's soooo good! I found it on clearance at WM FOR $2.80 (normally a little over $5 I believe) Ibotta has a $1.50 offer so I decided for $1.30 what the heck...let's try it. It was super easy to make and is done in the crock pot. I chose to do.it on low which takes 4 hours (2hours on Hi). My house smelled like apples and cinnamon and was torture while it cooked! When it was done, I scooped it while it was hot and topped it with whip cream. What a treat on a cold rainy day here!! There were other flavors on clearance to (raspberry and strawberry) check the clearance shelves. I found it at the WM neighborhood mrkt. Not sure if is at the WM super as well. I'm going back to pick a couple.more up as it will be a great dessert for Easter Day😜

8 Replies

Re: Lucky leaf scoop cake

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Donna2  I keep waiting for it to go on clearance - not here YET - unless it did so recently and I missed it. 

My market is showing $2.44 limited stock.  OHHH DONNNAAAAA - I have so much work and no time to go and I'm tired!

0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY I think that might be the clearance price. GRAB IT!! The good part of it is that is slow cooks so you could throw it in the crock pot on low for 4 hours during which time you can get your work done...then take a nap....wake up and brew a pot of coffee just before you hear BING from the crock pot. Whaaalaaa....work done and well rested just in time for hot coffee and a scoop of warm apple caramel cake. YUM!!! 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I saw it on clearance at my Walmart, but it was still over $3.50.  It wasn't even 50% off yet.  

Lucky Leaf had another dessert item in Ibotta over a year ago.  It was OK, but at least it was cheaper.

My store has both apple and cherry on clearance.  If they drop the price a little more, I might try it.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Donna2  Now if only someone would go there and get it for me.  LOL - shelf stable right?

0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@mmoore01 I love apple anything so I haven't tried the other kinds yet. I'm trying g to stick to one cheat day a week where I can have dessert amongst other things (pizza, cheeseburger etc) and I was happy with the apple cake cheat. Im going to make the strawberry one on Easter. I may accidentally make a double layer chocolate fudge cake as well lol. Easter will be a mega cheat day so why not have variety I figure. Thats my rationale and I'm stickin to it! Lol

0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY I will grab one for you here and meet you in Texas! We have grocery carts of stuff for the Texas road trip list that as a collective group can't find in our states. Evolve, alice/Charlie kids.pouch are just a couple.that come to mind for Texas list.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Donna2  You are truly 1 in a million - thank you!  On another note - to complete derail the conversation as I tend to do from time to time, I got mom scheduled for her COVID vaccine on Friday (only about 20 minutes from home).

0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY oh good!! My mom got her first one a couple days ago. She's big time risk so is such a relief

0 Likes