cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching Offers With Coupons

MaryKalin
Shopper

Anyone else get frustrated trying to coordinate your manufacturer and store coupons for items with offers on Ibotta? A perfect example is CVS. I have coupons saved to my card, visible on my CVS app, printed with my receipt, emailed, andmand to my home. But they never seem to coincide with any offers or bonuses available thru Ibotta. How do you all troubleshoot that and maximize your savings? 

13 Replies

Re: Matching Offers With Coupons

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

I seldom use CVS mainly because the items for rebates with Ibotta are comparatively higher than Walmart , even with CVS app, especially for beauty & health products.

rwarren76
Shopper

Hi Mary!  I like to use Krazy Coupon Lady site to help match up mana coupons with Ibotta and others.  Saves me time in trying to find these deals myself.  I think another site is Hip2Save which does similar.   As for CVS I really only use them for the Pharma (along with GoodRx), other items are usually overpriced compared to other stores.  Hope this helps you out!

Tish1216
Rewards Hunter

I can sometimes find paper coupons from the inserts found in the Sunday paper with Ibotta offers. Most often it is coupons for Tresemme, Dove, Dove Men's and other like products. I also use the Krazy coupon lady. She matches up coupons with Ibotta offers as well as with other apps such as Fetch Rewards(I find this app to be easier than most savings apps) Shopkick, Coupons app, Checkout 51 and SavingStar etc. I have often found that she misses quite a few deals though.  I used to coupon at CVS but I moved and no longer have one in my town. So Walmart and Dollar General are the best options for me. I just started shopping Dollar General on a regular basis. I have found better savings there than anywhere else but I wish Ibotta would make more offers available at Dollar General. For example: last week Dollar General had an instant savings of $2 off an $8 purchase of Axe products and I had an Ibotta offer for $1.75 back on Axe 2 in 1 shampoo and a $1.00 offer on Axe body wash. Then Fetch had 1100 points for Axe Shampoo and 1000 rewards points on Axe body wash. So I bought 1 body wash and one Axe 2 in 1 @ $4 each. I got $2 off instantly by my entering my phone number at checkout and then got $2.75 back from Ibotta and 2200 points on Fetch. $8.00-$2.00-$2.75-$2.10=$1.15 my final price for 1 Axe body wash and 1 Axe 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner. 

There was also a Suave deal that gave me 3 bottles of Suave Proffesionals shampoo and conditioner for the price of 1 ($3) and then I got $0.75×3=$2.25 in Fetch Rewards and $2.00 back on Checkout 51 for a money maker of $1.25 on a Suave professionals Shampoo and 2 Suave Professionals. Not bad at all. 

Smoaks
Shopper

it's hard to find things that match up.  but when i do i head to the store and get them 

Wtennyson
Saver

I always scan in store,  I don't do online shopping with ibotta for that reason.  Might check fine print.  Some say a certain size and it might be just an oz. Off.  

sthomasson
Deal Sharer

I look through my Food Lion weekly with my Ibotta account pulled up so I can match weekly sales with offers. Food Lion also gives me coupons on things I buy often, and a lot of times those are Ibotta offers as well. I can end up getting a lot of things either free or for less than fifty cents that way. I also cross coordinate between Ibotta and Checkout51. They have a lot of overlapping deals on pantry items.

rwarren76
Shopper

Those are some great deals you snagged!  Sounds like you have all the bases covered and use all the same apps I am using!  Yeah if there was only more time in the day to match more mana coupons to rebates.  But work keeps me to busy to spend more than a few hours per week.  Keep at it! 

0 Likes

rwarren76
Shopper

That's awesome!  Unfortunately no Food Lions in SFL.☹️

0 Likes

HunnyBee
Rewards Hunter

I totally agree...matching deals with all of the different manufacturer coupons/rebate apps/store coupons/store rewards is the most frustrating part of couponing for me too!  I usually have the feeling that I missed out on a better deal somehow! 

That being said, I have been couponing long enough now that I have realized where my true addiction to couponing lies...in the moment when my transactions all went smoothly, my total is $5 or under, all of my coupons worked, and I received all of the rewards I earned...I'm sure you know that adrenaline rush and feeling on top of the world if not like you legally robbed the store!!  Add an extra bonus when all the rebate apps accept your first receipt scan, find all of the products I should get points for, and awards my account properly!! For me, there is no better feeling in the world!!

I have found that for a good majority of places I shop, Ibotta rebates rarely line up just right with all of the other moving parts...that's probably why I get so darn excited when it does work out and I get to take items home with me for free!!  My advice is keep up on couponing you tube videos and blogs that help with the matching up of everything, that has always helped me immensely! 

Oh, I also participate in 6 rebate apps so that helps with getting a low OOP in my deals also.  Don't give up, you can do it...and jump on the deals that do line up beautifully as quickly as you can!!  😁  I hope that helps you a little bit! 

HunnyBee?