cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Maximize your Return

vz
Deal Sharer

I'm fairly New but on my 1st month I made $190+ and 2nd month $120+.  I also began using coupons in February of this year 2020.  I spend 2 month learning how to become a smart shopper by watching youtube videos and my neighbors help me a bunch.  I have 5 children and this has been the best investment of my time.  I wish I had started earlier. I will share what has worked for me.

My 5 best practices:  1) Check for bonuses (all).  2) look for possible offers.  3) Keep track of expiration 📅  dates. 4) take the time to read the criteria for each offer. 5) make sure the item you select qualifies.

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Maximize your Return

FelskyNY
Deal Master

and make sure your offer is for the correct store.  Add paper coupons and digital coupon.

then you can try combining offers from other aps into the mix

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

and make sure your offer is for the correct store.  Add paper coupons and digital coupon.

then you can try combining offers from other aps into the mix

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

vz
Deal Sharer

Don't forget to use in-store coupon and sale items are the best.... 

Solved! Go to solution

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

Use other savings apps like Fetch,Checkout 51&Coupons.com &earn extra money 

Solved! Go to solution

golightly01
Shopper

Super helpful! Do you build your store list(s) around the offers? Or do your shopping but cash in on the offers that align with what you're buying?

Solved! Go to solution

vz
Deal Sharer

Not necessarily but it does help. If you want to start saving or receiving credit for what you buy.  Look at what other options you have.  Like for example I normally buy Kraft Mayo but right now there is a credit offers foe purchasing Blue Plate.  I've never tried it before but it gives me a chance to try it out while at the same time getting credit for it.  And then again there are the any item credit or any receipt that could be used .

Solved! Go to solution

Ragged_tiger4
Deal Sharer

Cannot emphasize her point about checking if that item if for the store you are going to!  Some offers are for many stores, come just for one (Walmart is one of them).  I have made this mistake at least twice! DOUBLE-CHECK.

For example, yesterday I just ran in Rite Aid for an ad paper, and made the mistake of not bringing in my phone in because I parked right outside the front door. I saw a Nestle Crunch, Snickers, and Baby Ruth on sale, so I buy them. I'm "sure" they are on the Ibotta list. I go to scan them once I'm in the car and *buzz sound for wrong answer* realize that THIS store is not doing the offer for two of the candy bars.  Fortunately, one of them was for another app. I ended up stuck with the last one since only Walmart had the offer. At least it was only 89 cents, and it was something I could "use"!  If it was a much larger coordinated purchase, it could have been MUCH more money lost and frustration, all for not taking that extra moment to double-check!

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Ragged_tiger4  I feel your pain..l hope you got the $1.50 on the free snickers on coupons.com app (if it was good at rite aid)

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@vz  @golightly01. I literally have a spreadsheet.  Well I have scribbles on the 1/3 of a page that is left after I print coupons.  Then I compare the offers on the different apps, print coupons or pull from my coupon wallet, and if I dont have a coupon, I search the company website for offers.  Thats how I found the printable clio coupon.  I love those, I would pay full price - shocking I know!  

Solved! Go to solution

vz
Deal Sharer

Yes, I totally agree.  I made that mistake on my first purchases but I learned quickly.  Beside checking the store location check whether the item will count as one item toward your reward Bonus or multiple..... watch for SEPARATE SHOPPING TRIPS items....  those multiple purchases of that same item will only count ONCE toward the Bonus.

Also becareful for MUST BUY 2.... the 2 items have to be on the same receipt.... otherwise you won't get credit

0 Likes