Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meijer: Lily's Chocolate Bars: $1.49 for 2 - ibotta / PQ

Rickibotta
Shopping Enthusiast

A few things:

1) I know Meijer seems to get no love here.  Not many midwesterners I reckon

2) This is not a moneymaker, but if you have tried Lily's, and found a bo-mb flavor, still a great deal, and it checks a box of an offer towards bonuses.

Regular Price:  $3.89 X2 = $7.78 less $4.29 ibotta WB2 = $3.49 less $2 PQ (from CDC website) = $1.49 for two bars

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
8 Replies

Re: Meijer: Lily's Chocolate Bars: $1.49 for 2 - ibotta / PQ

mmoore01
Deal Expert

I miss Meijer.  I use to live in Michigan and MTA (Meijer Thrifty Acres) was our go to place for groceries.  My girls loved the penny pony rides and the $1.00 ice cream cones.

Of course, that was back in the late '80s and '90s.  The prices are probably much higher now. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Shopping Enthusiast

I had never heard of MTA.  That led me to googling.

That led me to this

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/06/30/location-of-original-meijer-thrifty-acres-gets-michigan-hist...

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

cweiner31
Saver

@Rickibotta  those Lily's are good and low sugar too, as are the Beyond Good chocolate bars, which I used a $1.75 ibotta (x3) on today. Unfortunately chocolate bars seem to be one of the few foods that are taxed at grocery stores here in CT but I'm sure the state could use the money.

0 Likes

cheryl_123
Saver

I'm a Meijer shopper and appreciate the heads up on any deals. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Shopping Enthusiast

@cweiner31 

Indiana is somewhat a confusing mess.  Some of it has to do with if it is prepared with wheat or something.

This is just a bit of what I have accumulated:

No tax on:   Herheys Cookies & Cream, KIT Kat, Nestle Crunch, TWIX, Pixy Stix, and Take 5

Tax on:  Hershey's, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups 

Other things are different like unpopped popcorn is untaxed but popped popcorn is taxed

Rickibotta
Shopping Enthusiast

@cheryl_123 

I will try my best to let you know

Janet1964
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta 

Wow, that is so confusing in itself. How do you keep it all straight?

0 Likes

Mikosmama
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta , I love finding Meijer deals! We have had a Meijer here for only about a year now, and I am so thankful for it! I didn’t know what I was missing before. Some of my best deals found have been here.