cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most indulgent product you got through a deal you can't believe people pay for?

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

Curious what other products people have gotten for next to nothing that you enjoy but can't believe people pay for?

I now have a clear winner! Got the Dove "PRE CLEANSE" shower butter. It smells great, but basically while your skin is wet you put some pseudo lotion type thing on your skin to "pre-cleanse" it (while trying not to get you skin wet...while you are in the shower, but wait, I need to cleanse before I cleanse??) but then wash it off and use regular soap.  There is literally no reason for this product but I sure will enjoy using it for next to nothing while others pay 8$ for a container of it!  Feelin' fancy and it does smell great 🤣

10 Replies

Re: Most indulgent product you got through a deal you can't believe people pay for?

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

@Shopgirl love it! I think the Dove pre cleanse is a clear winner. Makes me think I've been too practical with my deal hunting that I would pass something like this up. I'd say the most indulgent things I get that I wouldn't otherwise pay for are the candy bars.

Re: Most indulgent product you got through a deal you can't believe people pay for?

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@Shopgirl You come up with such great conversation starters. That Dove sounds like a clear winner. "Pre-cleanse" Lol. My showers are already too long! 😊

My answer is kind of boring... I'd have to say Just Crack an Egg products are overly indulgent when you think of how cheaply and easily you can pull the ingredients together. Comparing the regular price of $2-$3 to the cost of the ingredients when purchased yourself is crazy! Plus, you still have to provide the egg. And you don't need their cup in order to make scrambled eggs in the microwave. I've been doing that in a regular bowl for years! ☺

Of course, I appreciated being able to try it for free, though!

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@Francoise Ohhh that’s a good one ! @cheryl_123 I needed one more rebate the other night so ended up with a Butterfinger bar that I got for a quarter at Kroger!

LizH4011
Core Shopper

Good topic!! For me, it's got to be the Cerave makeup wipes at CVS. They go for $10.99 for 25 wipes!!! I got them for free with a manufacturer coupon and a couple CRTs. 

Gemini345
Deal Sharer

rS. Several years of free magazines including Better Homes and Gardens; Good Housekeeping; Family Circle; Woman’s Day; Real; Southern Living and numerous others. 

Gemini345
Deal Sharer

Me too! Told my son it has been years since I paid a quarter for a candy bar. 

SaverGirl67

For me it is the upscale dry goods. Simple Mill crackers are like $6/box and Simply Elizabeth granola is $8/bag and there’s been so many offers like this over the years that I get a bit jaded - until I run out and get reminded what the real cost is when I’m at the store without an offer or 2 or 3 to stack. Lol

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@SaverGirl67Yes I was disappointed I couldn't get the Simple Mills pita crackers at publix yesterday b/c would have been like a 1.5 after sale and IR! I can't believe how expensive they are regular price!  I still got over $60 of stuff for about 1.25 so shouldn't complain but still...😀

KM06
Skilled Saver

I don't know how indulgent this is, but I use my staples recycling earnings to buy ink for my printer.   The last time I got the three pack yellow blue magenta for just over $2.  Before school started I used my earnings, about $30 to buy school supplies for my niece and nephews.