cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

My account locked

Jorettha1
Shopper

I had Help my family members sign up just a couple of days ago then I’m being told this morning that my account was deactivated so was my mine I had Just contact y’all about not being able to with draw my earnings now this i don’t understand and I read about this online that it might happen because of a receipt and I think It was the one from Walgreens cause they don’t do prints we’re I live so I had asked them to put it on paper please help fix this I didnt violate anything I was Happy to get a chance to use this happy and finally start saving and please help my family members I think It could have been the receipts or when tried to help setup account for someone

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: My account locked

mmoore01
Deal Master

Sorry you are having this problem.  There are many rules and it can be very easy to violate one without knowing what you may have done.

You mentioned you tried to submit a receipt from Walgreens that wasn't printed from the register.  First, you can go to Walgreens.com, select your account and then Email & Alerts.  Scroll to the end of the page and the last option is Digital Receipts.  Make sure this option is turned off and you will always get a receipt from the register at Walgreens.

I have never heard of anyone being deactivated for sending in a receipt that is not a receipt.  So, I would be surprised if this is your issue.

You also mentioned your family.  Your family members can sign up for Ibotta, but they must be on a different device.  If you share a phone, only one Ibotta account can be set up on the device.

You can't share receipts, you can't submit a receipt more than once and claim the same offers.  I am sure there are other issues that can cause them to deactivate your account.

For now, your best bet is to open a request at Ibotta.com under Help.  

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Re: My account deactivated

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

The team that reviews these cases is generally very thorough, so the only thing I can recommend is providing as many details as possible and they might overturn their decision.

Solved! Go to solution

Jorettha1
Shopper

Will do I’ll try and give them as much detail as I can thanks again for responding I really Appreciate it

9 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

Sorry you are having this problem.  There are many rules and it can be very easy to violate one without knowing what you may have done.

You mentioned you tried to submit a receipt from Walgreens that wasn't printed from the register.  First, you can go to Walgreens.com, select your account and then Email & Alerts.  Scroll to the end of the page and the last option is Digital Receipts.  Make sure this option is turned off and you will always get a receipt from the register at Walgreens.

I have never heard of anyone being deactivated for sending in a receipt that is not a receipt.  So, I would be surprised if this is your issue.

You also mentioned your family.  Your family members can sign up for Ibotta, but they must be on a different device.  If you share a phone, only one Ibotta account can be set up on the device.

You can't share receipts, you can't submit a receipt more than once and claim the same offers.  I am sure there are other issues that can cause them to deactivate your account.

For now, your best bet is to open a request at Ibotta.com under Help.  

Solved! Go to solution

Jorettha1
Shopper

Thanks for commenting i think it happened when I put My account on my new phone and let my little sister have my old one do think I might Be able to get my account my account back? And I really Appreciate you communicating with me 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Deal Master

In your request to Ibotta Care, be sure to let them know what happened.  Once Ibotta has been installed on a phone, I don't know the process to "clean" the old phone of the Ibotta account.  If your sister tried to sign into Ibotta on your old phone with her email, I believe Ibotta would see two accounts using the same phone.

I suspect there is more to it than just deleting the app from your phone.  I am sure Ibotta Care can help you get Ibotta off your old phone and reset your account, if this is the problem.

Solved! Go to solution

My account deactivated

Jorettha1
Shopper

046CE25C-4338-4E59-BE3C-6EB20F698D95.png

I had no idea that my sister had used my phone to make her account then put it on her actual account now the money i saved is gone and now I’m deactivated is there any way I can Get my account activated again she didn’t tell she did that until my account was deactivated and I was Sent this email I had Also went online to see what happened to me and found some articles and talked to someone had told me if someone makes another account on your device it can deactivate your account is there anyway I can Get my account reactivated I had Finally saved some receipts to start saving my money you can take all the money off I just Want my account back so I can Start saving again and I had Never reused any receipt is there anyway you can check again see that

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

The team that reviews these cases is generally very thorough, so the only thing I can recommend is providing as many details as possible and they might overturn their decision.

Solved! Go to solution

Jorettha1
Shopper

Will do I’ll try and give them as much detail as I can thanks again for responding I really Appreciate it

Solved! Go to solution

FLDARKSIDE
Rewards Hunter

I got the same exact message from them today after I contacted them about not being able to transfer my money out.  I have one account and am the only one that uses it.  So, I am clueless as to what this is all about.  I got three referrals from sharing my link on social networks.  So, I don't even know who my referrals are.  The only thing that I did do by accident is try to submit the store receipts prior to finding out that the offers were already submitted when I used my bank card.  I have no clue as to why I was deactivated.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FLDARKSIDE
Rewards Hunter

I keep seeing a community moderator or something keep posting something saying that the Ibotta team is thorough and such.  Well, they can't be that thorough if they simply deactivate accounts for what they think someone did without checking into it thoroughly.

I just got deactivated yesterday after making an inquiry as to why I keep getting error messages when trying to transfer my money out.

Then, I get a "form letter" email stating that my account was deactivated for violating terms of use (7.11 and 7.12), none of which I violated.  This email states that I did one thing then changes to say I did something else.  We're far from being a tech family as I keep it very minimal and limited.  So, sometimes I need help in figuring things out.  However, I did none of what the email is saying I did.  I have one account, I have not tried to open other accounts, no referrals have access to my account nor do I know the three referrals I got from posting my referral link on social networks...

This makes no sense.  The only thing I did do is try to submit my receipts after I got home from shopping.  I kept getting told that my receipt(s) was already submitted.  So, I tried again.  I came to find out that I was being credited through my bank card at checkout.  So, I guess I must have linked my bank card to the account.  I don't remember doing it.

If that is the issue, that is not what was stated in their "form letter" email nor did they even make an attempt to reach out to me to see why I tried submitting the receipts after I was already, unknowingly, credited.

Sorry, but I wouldn't call any of this thorough.  I suspect it's more of an issue on the part of Ibotta employees who maybe can't be bothered to check into things more thoroughly.

Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@FLDARKSIDE they are thorough, and while I can't comment on their notes, it does seem like they took their time and made a decision based on confirmed information. Sorry that you don't agree with them, and you're welcome to reply to the most recent ticket and hope for an appeal but they rarely deactivate accounts unless it's been reviewed by multiple people and there is sufficient documentation.

0 Likes