cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My earnings withheld for 8 days and counting

kamon
Rewards Hunter

Ive been using ibotta for 4 years this year ive used it more than ever because i lost my job and had to reply on food stamps to support my family and ibotta played a role in what i thought would be helping me through and now this....I wrot this recently because nobody in customer service is helping me and i wanted to share. In the message I am not worried about my spelling because I am very emotional about the whole scenario.

I lost my self employed job during this pandemic and I started recieving food stamps to help suppliment my lost income. I did not choose to get cash help because they split the food stamp money into cash you dont get extra cash and ive been using ibotta for a very long time and i use it to get cash back because it helps me to get food to feed my family and cash back at the same time to pay my bills. Recently i got 1200 something dollars for pandemic relief in food stamps and then i got my regular 300 something a few days later. i spent every single cent of over 1500 dollars to earn over 400 dollars cash back by going to 3 different stores in my zip code buying the same items almost daily whenever they re appeared to buy again. Many times they come back again as 50 percent off which is great for me getting food and money to feed my family and pay my bills. Ive never broken rules or cheated ibotta and i feel like im being treated like a criminal when all ive done is follow the rules and take advantage of great deals that your app offers. holding money i rightfully earned has put me in a position where i had to **bleep** my laptop that i use for work so i could avoid a 75 dollar fee from the place i rent and also helping me to prevent from being kicked out. i need my earned money to get my computer back out which i also have to pay an extra fee to get out because thats how **bleep** shops work. i dont keep all my reciepts after i get credit for my purcheses because ive never had to. i wish i had now. you know how much of the same foods i have stocked up? i have a **bleep** ton of bronies, i still have dressing from months ago, i have sooo much **bleep** gum. i have vegan burgers even though im not vegan because each box was 50 percent off each time it showed up. you know how much silk almond milk i bought? i have gone out of my way to buy these things with sincere effort because its what i have had to do to survive and your system and you guys are treating me like im somehow cheating with no proof whatsover. all my recipts are from the same cards issued to me so nobody else is buying these. if there is a way to trick your system to giving me credit i didnt earn I have no clue how to do it and therefore you will not find out i did that because i didnt do that either. you could go out of your way to ask walmart to see camera video of me at every register so you can see my honesty but you wont do that either because its easier just to assume ive done something wrong. the last 3 digits of my ebt card is 968) you can clearly see that will be asssociated with every purchase. what else do you need from me so that i can get my computer back???? i also have a **bleep** ton of flaved carbonated water even though i hate the stuff but i buy it because of the rebate. i have sooooooo much **bleep** cereal that i dont like but my family will eat it because atleast its food and it was on rebate for 50 percent off. if you dont want people to buy these things more than one occassion then please dont givethem the option to buy it again with the same rebate a day or two later because they will take advantage of it....what else??? oh yest a tonnnn of oreos as well...feel free to leave me a voicemail and i willl call you back if you want to talk. would you like to visit me and see all my **bleep** food? i will give you my addresss. the hint it, its close to all threee stores ive boughten all this food from for as long as i had ibotta. dont say thank you for your patience because i am not patient anymore, i am livid, i am so **bleep** pist off that i am being put in a mouse maze with no end in sight. i also have a ton of avocado oil, i have guacamoli salso to last me forever, please find somebody with power and knowledge of how all of this works if this doesnt make sense to you because i am in the right here and i demand to be treated with respect. if you guys are taking this personally as workers you shouldnt be **bleep** with me on purpose because this isnt affecting you the way its affecting me. every penny in my life counts and my life has been falling apart. i have been sending my story to any media who has the desire to investigate and i could care less if they do a story or not because i just want to take care of my family. please hurry and review my account for the tenth time and release the money ive earned with all the money i spent that i would not have otherwise spent on the offers your app gave me.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: My earnings withheld for 8 days and counting

What-Shot
Super Saver

Allow me to suggest that you edit your post to delete your DOB, email, and name in order to protect your identity from scammers. 

You may wish to contact @LaraL directly if you wish solicit her assistance.

Cheering for quick resolution and better days ahead.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@kamon 

Sorry to hear you are going thru it.  I have been there myself where things are down and looking worse.

In general, ibotta customer service comes through when you have done nothing wrong.  If there is anything fraudulent, they don't bend.  But as long as it is nothing on your end wrong, they will come through.  Be patient and keep dealing with the ticket system.

I am not sure ibotta would be my first choice to help in a crisis.  I personally advise my friends in dire financial situations to shop more at Aldi, or extreme sales at other stores, buy only things you need, and try to find a good deal on things like Crystal light or a generic brand that can go a long way for beverages.   There were so many times you mention junk you bought that you hated or do not like.  I hate to see that.   I don't believe that is what you should be doing right now.  Don't buy junk you don't need.   $1,500 goes a long way if you just buy the stuff you like on sale or get generic.

If you live in an area that uses NextDoor app, there are always plenty of people willing to help.

Churches also do this.   Food banks.   etc etc

I hope you get some relief from ibotta if you are deserving.    

@LaraL 

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time in life, @kamon. As the others have said, you might be better off seeking help with a church or food bank. I did edit your post to remove all addresses and mention of personal information as it's not generally safe to share those sorts of things in a public space on the internet.

I hope you manage to find help where you need it.

As for your Ibotta account, it looks like it was being actively reviewed as early as yesterday, so I encourage you to be patient with that team while review everything they need to.

0 Likes

limsy
Rewards Guide

"i spent every single cent of over 1500 dollars to earn over 400 dollars cash back

i also have a  ton of flaved carbonated water even though i hate the stuff but i buy it because of the rebate... i have sooooooo much cereal that i dont like...."

To waste 1500 to get 400??? I don't get it.

Maybe you should start using your Food stamps properly -  for buying food that you really like and eat. Doing so you could save a lot of money.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

First off, you shouldn't take anything personally.  If you're all of the sudden buying a ton of items, it just flags the system automatically.  Ibotta has to cover their bases b/c unfortunately there are bad apples that try to manipulate the system.  I'm sure it'll all get straightened out. 

In reading through your post, it seems like you're buying stuff you don't eat or drink, just because of an Ibotta offer.  Maybe you need to take a step back and re-evaluate.   It's tempting to buy stuff because you have that assistance, to get the rebate for items, but in the long run, you aren't saving anything or stretching your food stamp budget if it's going to waste. 

I got assistance last summer and then 1 card for disaster assistance after Hurricane Zeta (we lost power for 3 days and practically everything in my freezer had to be trashed).  I did my normal shopping... fresh fruits, veggies & meat are always top of my list first.  Then I fill in with sales items in the ad + any ibotta offers.  I don't buy things my family doesn't use or eat.  Like there's always offers for Apple Jacks & Frosted Flakes.  My family doesn't eat that cereal.  So I'm not going to buy it just because of an offer.  I will, however, get Ibotta items that are new to me to try, as long as it fits into my overall grocery budget.  

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@kamon 

Try not to take all of our responses personally.  Think of it as constructive criticism, and I know that is hard to take also.  Just learn from this experience.  There are great deals to be found by using ibotta with things you will like if you are patient, especially if you combine them with sales prices.

Ibotta will come through as long as you haven't done anything fraudulent. 

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"