cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Newbie experience with Walmart Plus delivery ft Ibotta

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

My first experience with Walmart Plus delivery using Ibotta:

Shopping through Walmart via Ibotta was fairly easy though I could not return to my place on my Ibotta list. I had to click "Ibotta offers" at the bottom the screen, return to the Walmart list screen, click on the department and scroll to where I left off.

The price of Walmart Plus, which is not required but waives your shopping fee of $7.98, runs around $58 per year. Sounded reasonable so I started the free trial.

Placed my order not realizing there was a FIFTEEN DOLLAR DRIVER TIP FEE! Sheesh. Maybe it was in the checkout process, but I didn't see it. That's not on Ibotta, but, wow, Walmart did NOT make that clear.

Good news, though. You can pick $5, $10, $15 for tip *post* delivery. Because we both forgot that I requested to sign, he turned around came back. I gave him $10 this time. He said he worked for Walmart and was their driver.

I got an email that five items were sold out. Suspicious that four of these were the only *heavy* items in the order. Grrr. Not on Ibotta. The driver did not shop my order.

I spent about $130 in total, delivery was prompt, and I got back about $50 from Ibotta. My usual rebate total is 25-50% of what I spend, so I am happy.

All in all, despite a few panic attacks egged on by rainstorms and a neighbor moving in complete with 5 moving guys blocking my door, it was an OK experience. I will use it again.

My rebate came in as I unloaded my groceries. Yay, Ibotta! I finally got a $10 bonus after a dirth too :).

8 Replies

Re: My Newbie experience with Walmart Plus delivery ft Ibotta

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SantaFeAtBay 

Loved all the deals, and I truly did LOL at 'featuring ibotta".....that detail alone nade this post a winner

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

Incident: I have used home delivery several times now. Most drivers overshoot my place. In fact, all but two deliveries resulted in the driver turning back to find me. Then when driver took my groceries for a tour of the town 🤪.

I provide helpful tips in the instructions.

Spoiler alert: the drivers don't read those UNTIL they're lost.

That part is utterly exhausting as I stand out in the freezing cold in a bright red coat waving my arms like an insane person at every vehicle passing by at the estimated delivery time.

My last driver worked for Door Dash. He was shown as being north of me, overshooting me as per usual. But Walmart does not provide descriptions of vehicles.

He sat with my groceries for 15 minutes with me calling him 3 times. He wouldn't speak calls 2-3. Since he was only 1/8th of a mile away, I called Walmart to report the driver.

Just then, their tracking updated to show him approaching Walmart. He called me and said he was on the way. He overshot me DESPITE verbal tips that I gave him.

He leisurely arrived in a taped together car with one headlight out. He said he had taken two deliveries at once. My groceries had gone for a lovely tour of the town.

They were not amused.

Moral of the story: it looks like Walmart delivery tracking is based time estimates, NOT the actual location of the vehicle. Good to know to save your blood pressure.

crystalperez001
Rewards Hunter

Why can’t I redeem my money tho? 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SantaFeAtBay 

I remember your OP.  I still literally lol @ FT IBOTTA.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

@Rickibotta @ Proof of message board relevance lol

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

Texting works better these days at times then calling, especially if no luck with a call.

"Please call me so I can tell you where to turn. You have been sitting around the corner for over 10 minutes with my groceries." 

0 Likes

SantaFeAtBay
Saver

Should I be offended that Ibotta Community Board now logs me out every time I post? Grr, probably semi-locked out here now too.

@Saipan there isn't a text option. Walmart Plus sends us to a call option.

Also, that would be unprofessional and open myself up to unwanted messaging post delivery. Which happened with Shipt btw :(**.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SantaFeAtBay 

The community hates you.🤣

Nah, sometimes there are glitches.  I used to constantly have my posts deleted after posting;  no immediately, but after a few minutes.   And then I would send an IM, and then when I sent my second one, it would say I had sent all the messages I was allowed for the day.    I took four months off from the community, and it has been much better since then.  But the IM issue still pops up now and then.

Hopefully you stop experiencing that.  If it persists, you will have to reach out to Laral and see if she can reach out to the tech team.

0 Likes