cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Need help understanding Shopkick - Walmart - Suave freebie deals

Dean

I saw an article on KCL about free Suave products at Walmart using Shopkick rebates. I didn't want to post a direct link so you can search for Suave on KCL to see it. There are three deals shown. The first two are straight forward about how they are MMs, including how the first deal qualifies for the bonus kicks as a deodorant and lotion bundle. The second deal is for body wash. The third deal shows paying $0.97 for Suave Professionals Shampoo or Conditioner 3 oz and getting $0.68 (170 kicks). [I hate having to convert kicks.] My Shopkick shows 500 + 20 kicks ($2.08) for Suave shampoo. So I'm wondering why KCL shows $0.68 instead of $2.08 for the third deal, and don't the second and third deal qualify for the shampoo and body wash bundle? I know deals aren't the same for everyone so that might be the answer but it also looks like this is a bigger MM than shown.

[Edit: This bundle has since disappeared.] Also, SK has a Suave Pink and Profusion Cosmetics Bundle worth 2,750 kicks, or $11 in English. A quick scan of the Walmart app shows multiple products for $4.98 in both categories so that seems like another MM. Unless I'm looking at the wrong products. I wish SK allowed scanning multiple products like Ibotta.

7BAD2808-0CAD-4517-8E5B-6ECB9518128F.png
68C51D7C-A29F-4B9D-8A19-BBB92A1401CD.png

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Need help understanding Shopkick - Walmart - Suave freebie deals

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

@Dean  I did both SK bundles with Suave over the weekend.  Not sure where the KCL prices came from.  Here's what I paid:

Purchased suave 15oz body wash $1.52 and professional shampoo 12oz $2.94.  Used a paper coupon from Unilever Saver coupon flyer for $1.00 off shampoo & submitted for 1275 SK bundle.  So paid $3.46 oop & will receive (still waiting to process) $5.10 in kicks.  $1.64 MM

Then purchased 32oz lotion $3.83 and 2.6oz deodorant $1.64.  Used paper coupons from Univered Saver flyer for $1.00 off lotion & .50 off deodorant and submitted for 1275 SK bundle.  So paid $3.97  oop & will receive (still waiting to process) $5.10 in kicks. $1.13 MM

Not a huge MM, but every little bit helps

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@What-Shot   @Janet1964 

Didn't one of you do these bundles?

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Nique
Rewards Advocate

There were Suave coupons that expired on August 14th. Perhaps she factored those into the savings.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

@Dean  I did both SK bundles with Suave over the weekend.  Not sure where the KCL prices came from.  Here's what I paid:

Purchased suave 15oz body wash $1.52 and professional shampoo 12oz $2.94.  Used a paper coupon from Unilever Saver coupon flyer for $1.00 off shampoo & submitted for 1275 SK bundle.  So paid $3.46 oop & will receive (still waiting to process) $5.10 in kicks.  $1.64 MM

Then purchased 32oz lotion $3.83 and 2.6oz deodorant $1.64.  Used paper coupons from Univered Saver flyer for $1.00 off lotion & .50 off deodorant and submitted for 1275 SK bundle.  So paid $3.97  oop & will receive (still waiting to process) $5.10 in kicks. $1.13 MM

Not a huge MM, but every little bit helps

Solved! Go to solution

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

Also, I didn't know the travel sizes would qualify for the SK offers.  Maybe SK pays out a lesser amount for the travel size?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lollykins 

I believe when travel sizes count, it is a glitch, so it awards at full price.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

Dang it @Rickibotta !  I could have saved even more!  That's one of the things I hate about SK.  You can't check multiple items before purchasing to see what qualifies.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

@Lollykins  Thanks for the response. I'll go by your example and see if I can come up with something. But SK offers are dropping left and right from my app (goodbye Blue Bunny 😢) so it's possible these will be gone before I can make it to the store. Plus I don't have the paper coupons. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lollykins 

I'm not saying travel applies.  In fact, whomever it was that did these deals a while back, or some like them, said at least one of the deals required buying the larger size of something, and that was a few bucks more.  There were no details of the offers at that time that limited the size, but smaller sizes did NOT work.   I try not to deviate from stated terms in the SK offers, so when they are vague, I steer clear.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

I hear you @Dean !  SK constantly changes kicks per deal.  I'm never sure that my offers will get "paid" at what I originally submitted.

But even without the coupons, the Suave deodorant for 500 kicks is a free +.  And the body wash & shampoo bundle is free with the 1275 kicks.   I'm not sure I would buy the lotion without the coupon.  My WM only carries the huge 30+ oz size, and it's not something I will likely use any time soon.  Lotion goes bad faster than anything else 😒  I already have a stockpile of Vaseline brand lotion to work through.

If you don't get coupons by mail, definitely sign up to be on the email lists for Unilever brands: Love Beauty & Planet, Dove, Suave, etc.  They send out awesome coupons by email regularly. Then you can just print the ones you need at home.  😁

@Rickibotta I totally agree about SK deals being vague.  If I can scan the item in store, that's the one I buy.  And I steer clear of any deals that could mean buy both or maybe it's just one...I have no patience with that!  If it doesn't work once I get home, it drives me nuts! 

0 Likes