cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

New & confused

mychainey3
Rewards Hunter

Hola...I am new and think I've over thought myself into complete confusion...someone help me!?!? Please!! 

One question I so have is: in order to receive credit for items bought I need to select them before I go shopping or before I enter my receipt? And if I don't then I'll have to scan the barcode on the item itself?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: New & confused

What-Shot
Super Saver

Welcome! In response to your question, you can only get credit if you have "activated" the offer before you scan your receipt. Depending on the store, you may or may not need to scan the product's barcode to confirm your purchase at the time you submit your receipt. Here's a good plan:

1) Activate offers before you go to the store (or while you are in the store, but definitely before you scan your receipt). 

2) While you are in the store selecting products, it's advisable to scan product barcode to confirm it's eligible for the offer at the store where you are purchasing it. It's not uncommon for "any item" offers to display as well....so always make sure you have all of your "any item" offers activated.

3) ASAP after you make your purchase(s), scan your receipt. Walmart receipts that have the barcode printed on the receipt are the easiest/fastest to process and never require scanning product barcodes. However, most other stores where I shop do require that I individually select the items I purchased (from my list of activated offers) PLUS scan product barcodes. 

I hope this helps!

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Selecting a deal is clicking the dark bluish green circle outline surrounding a dark bluish green +

161206642169663790617.jpg

Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

Welcome! In response to your question, you can only get credit if you have "activated" the offer before you scan your receipt. Depending on the store, you may or may not need to scan the product's barcode to confirm your purchase at the time you submit your receipt. Here's a good plan:

1) Activate offers before you go to the store (or while you are in the store, but definitely before you scan your receipt). 

2) While you are in the store selecting products, it's advisable to scan product barcode to confirm it's eligible for the offer at the store where you are purchasing it. It's not uncommon for "any item" offers to display as well....so always make sure you have all of your "any item" offers activated.

3) ASAP after you make your purchase(s), scan your receipt. Walmart receipts that have the barcode printed on the receipt are the easiest/fastest to process and never require scanning product barcodes. However, most other stores where I shop do require that I individually select the items I purchased (from my list of activated offers) PLUS scan product barcodes. 

I hope this helps!

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

When scanning the Walmart bar code receipt, you MAY have to do it while you're still in the Walmart

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

You can claim/activate offers in-store if the store provides free WiFi

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

When you click an OFFER/DEAL (the $3 for Stouffer's party size meal and the $1 for TWO Alpha burritos from Kroger in the photo I shared with you are both distinct individual offers/deals), you learn important details, most notably whether the offer is redeemable only in one store or 2+ stores

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Clicking an offer/deal is completely different from activating/claiming an offer/deal, wherein you click the +sign & turn it into a ✔️ mark

0 Likes