Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New at Walgreens....

MeLMeL11
Core Shopper

***not the same as their new credit/store card***

...Walgreens is doing it up this year with these credit and debit cards! 🕺😎

......I guess this will be sort of like Target's options. I haven't read all the details yet, just wanted to share right quick. I think this maybe more like a prepaid debit that can be used anywhere, not sure if the target debit card can do the same.

In going to check this out a bit more....I like that I can use it anywhere and still get 1% Walgreens cash! Great way to get a few bucks back, especially when paying larger bills. 

Screenshot_20210901-203501_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210901-203617_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210901-203647_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210901-203701_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210901-203708_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210901-203720_Chrome.jpg

  

6 Replies

Re: New at Walgreens....

Rickibotta
Deal Master

They sure are busy at WAGS.

It hasn't even been a year when they overhauled their rewards program.  Then they came out with two credit card options.  Now this,    There is a lot to this.   This is the first place I looked.  

Linky to FAQs

https://www.getscarlet.com/faqs

If there is a $7.95 fee assessed if you do not have $500 each month in direct deposits/net purchases, that makes this a horrible deal.  Perhaps I am misreading this??

Monthly fee$7.95This is a monthly fee. The fee will be waived if you have $500 direct deposit or $500 cumulative POS signature spend transactions, net of reversals, during the monthly statement period.
"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Zombie
Rewards Guide

Seeing this just reminded me that I've been meaning to ask...

Are the new credit cards actually any good? Are the financial specs above, below, or just average? Is there anything that they do better than the competition? (I don't have a credit card myself, so I honestly have no clue what I'm promoting to my customers.)

When the prompt comes up on my screen, I kinda give this awkward little blurb: "The register would like me to let you know that, if you are interested, you are pre-qualified for a myWalgreens mastercard. There are options on the pinpad for you to press." I'm a TERRIBLE salesman lol

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

Boss:   Hey Zombie, you are required to upsell, okay?

Zombie:  Yeah of course.  I am all about upselling..  I live for that.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

Here is a link to the earlier post discussing your two new credit card offerings with some details.  I think some other cards people have give more back for groceries than yours do.  Not sure if this tells you any more than you already know, but thought I would track it down and share  

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/possible-game-changer-for-walgreens-fanatics/m-p/52645

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta  ....yea, I'm not happy about the fee...I mean I could get direct deposit....not sure i will spend 500 in POS transactions....well I could get creative im sure....if it were just any 500 spend anywhere that would be easy, I do lots of online bill payments....but that reads as if it has to be a credit (signature) purchase at stores 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11 

And you may need to use direct deposit at your bank to avoid fees in lieu of maintaining a minimum balance.   ( not just you but you in general...lol)

0 Likes