cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here

Sassy
Rewards Hunter

HI, So I lucked upon this website and I am thinking its not what I thought it was or I am not understanding what I am using.    I thought if I shopped regular items that what I bought would allow me discounts in other areas.  So if I frequently shopped Walmart that I would earn point by buying certain things then those points would acrure discounts in other store that I frequent also.  I have shopped and made selections on line at Walmart and I don't know if I have to purchase them first then it will show me I can use say 10.00  in anther store like sprouts.  

what am i missing...I don't know how much $$ the points are worth...?

wisdom pls...Or i think this wont work for me

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: New Here

Dana
Deal Expert

There's no  points this is not fetch shopkick etc. It's money. You go to the stores you want to buy from click on the items you want to buy and buy them. Also if you go into the store you want at the top you will see how to redeem either upload (scan receipt), link card/account or both (if both you pick 1). If linking follow the prompts to link then click on your items 1st then. In a few days money will go into your account. If uploading click on what you want to buy first then buy it then scan your receipt and follow the prompts to scan barcodes then you will get money.(read the fine print on everything so you know what to get) Once you reach $20 or let it grow you can cash out to paypal, bank account or gift cards. If buying at an online store read the fine print so you know exactly what you can and can't buy).

Re: New Here

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Ibotta is a phone app.  If you are using a computer, you only have access to online shopping.

You must use the phone app to withdraw your money and shop in stores.

As @Dana  said, you don't earn points from Ibotta.  I consider the offers as rebates since you must buy the item, then submit your receipt to get your rebate.  Online orders require going through the Ibotta app first or you can link ibotta to your store account.  

The computer interface is relatively new, but it allows you to shop online and get a rebate back.  Again, the only way to get your earnings is to use the Ibotta phone app.

Re: New Here too

Jfr777
Rewards Hunter

@Sassy    Im learning also. But i did discover if i went to Walmart in store..(in ibotta app).  choose/ checked items i might buy, then went in Winn Dixie or Publix or Dollar General (in the Ibotta app) that those same items where checked there also if they carry them. Sometimes what qualifies (that ive ckd & bought) doesnt get credited when ive scanned the receipt, then i have to scan the barcode on the product

You also have to remember to tap the msg at bottom of scan to finish & accept the amount they are rebating. If you didnt see it sending the receipt... redo it. I missed a couple till i figured that out. 😂 if you are not part of a team, you can join mine. Friend me on facebook.(Jeanne Roberts)

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Jfr777 

If you are unlinked, you almost always have to scan all your item UPCs when scanning your receipt.  I say almost because at WM, you only have to scan the receipt barcode even if unlinked.   You do not have to scan product UPCs.

At Kroger, I always scan each item while I am shopping to make sure the item qualifies.   After I have checked out, and I scan my Kroger receipt to redeem, all those items I scanned in store are already checked in ibotta during redemption. 

The only ones that need attention are those that I get multiples of.  (i.e.  if there is a 50¢ rebate on cracker barrel cubes, and I buy 3, while I am in store I scan one to verify match   When I am redeeming, it will show up as one scanned.   But I have 3, so I have to increase the quantity and scan all those UPCs.)

ALWAYS scan items in store.  From ibotta home screen, choose your store.  Then in your store mode, scan each item to see if MATCH.  This will save you the trouble of getting an item that doesn't qualify.

Regarding multiple stores, when you add an offer to your list, it adds it for ALL stores that also have that same offer.    You can't remove it from just one store.   When you remove an offer from one store, it removes it from all stores.   This is all by design.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Sassy 

Wisdom = unlink from WM and shop via the app instead of chrome exetnsion unless you have to do store pickup or delivery.   Most ibotta users that have problems with WM are those who are either linked or use the chrome extension.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes