cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to this.

Lindseyb92
Rewards Hunter

Hey everyone! 

I just started really using Ibotta about 3 months ago and I feel like I might ne missing deals and savings. No one, I know, uses Ibotta so I'm basically teaching myself.

Can't wait to learn some things from the community! 

Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: New to this.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Lindseyb92  I'm in NY and shop primarily at Shoprite, Stop and Shop, Walmart, Target, CVS, Whole Foods.  Where do you shop?

There are some newbie chains that you can search to get some better ideas of How to stack deals w/ other savings apps, how to use your store card for more savings and add Ibotta into the mix.  You can also download coupons.com app (and open a paypal account if you don't have one) and also print coupons online. 

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

Hi @Lindseyb92 Welcome to the Community 🍍.  I don’t know anyone who uses Ibotta either.  I find this a great place to talk to other users, ask questions and share experience.

Lindseyb92
Rewards Hunter

@FelskyNY My main shopping place is Walmart because I have an employee discount card that gives me 10% on some things. The other 2 places I go is Winndixie and a local discount grocery store call Food Outlet.

I just started watching YouTube videos but I've noticed a lot of them contradict each other. So if you know a good couponer who has videos to watch can you let me know.

I really want to learn but I'm also a person who has to do it to learn it, not study it 1st. (Hands on learning)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Lindseyb92 

OVC. Ohio Valley Couponer is great, he's pretty much right to the point.

Bree the coupon queen is also very good

Savvy coupon shopper (does a lot of cvs) but she does other stores as well.

Saving with Christina is mellow

Couponing Crystal

I think we all have our favorites. I often play the video in the background while I'm clearing work emails.

Not sure if I got the spelling right but it should give you an idea.

jleecho
Shopper

I too started recently. I signed up for Ibotta the week before thanksgiving. It looked like so many really good deals. And over the holiday season I bought tons of stuff. Even though I didn’t have family over this year I did feed everyone. My adult daughter who lives with me and I made a full Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Packaged it up for three places. My mom in a nursing home, my other daughter and her roommate and my son and his roommate. Then zoom. So I was super happy to find Ibotta. I really racked up the savings and I bought some new items and turned them into stocking stuffers or a quick little present. And I just kept earning in my Ibotta account. I don’t know any other people who use it, but I am sure enjoying all the cash back and the fun bonuses. Have a wonderful day.