Rewards Hunter

Hi.how does this work.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: New

What
Rewards Advocate

Welcome!

There are many features in the ibotta app....many tips & tricks to learn along the way, but the best way to start learning it is to start using it.

Here's a play-by-play list of what I recommend for a newbie to do to begin familiarizing themselves with the app:

1. Start with an in-store shopping trip at Walmart (because Walmart is the easiest store to work with in the app and it’s the store with the most offers).
  2. DO NOT link any store accounts to ibotta until you are more familiar with ibotta (it may sound easy/tempting to link your card/account, but often creates confusion for newbies). 

Before you go to shopping

1. Open the ibotta app
  2. Select Walmart as the store where you will shop.
  3. Click/activate any offers of interest to you (particularly those that have the banner "free after offer)--and ALL of the "any item" offers.

While you are shopping:

1. Open the app and go to the Walmart in-store.
  2. It's good to scan the barcode of item(s) from the Walmart section of the app while in-store before purchase to confirm that they are eligible for the offers. 
  3. Buy some/all of your selected offers at Walmart (I suggest your ibotta shopping be on a separate receipt from your other purchases).
  4. Choose a payment option that will give you a printed/paper register-receipt.

After you make your purchase:

1. At your earliest convenience (after your purchase), return to the app, click the "redeem" button at the bottom of home screen....then follow the prompts. NOTE: It will tell you to "scan the barcode" printed on your receipt. It will automatically "check/identify" the eligible offers.
  2. Typically, cashback from receipt-scan, in-store Walmart purchases is credited to your account immediately.

NOTE: Again it is not essential that you start with Walmart, but (in my opinion) it is definitely the easiest for a newbie.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~