cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here w/ a basic question

txchic
Rewards Hunter

Hello,

I signed up for Ibotta after hearing about this free turkey meal deal at Walmart. How could I not resist such a great deal? I love freebies!

Anyway, before I order I just wanted some clarification that I am doing this right.

Could someone confirm...

So, I have both an Ibotta & Walmart acct. I linked both together. Ibotta has a shopping list compiled of the free items for the turkey deal. I click on the shop button and it brings me over to the item at Walmart. I add to my cart. This is where I get confused... So do I pay through my Walmart account now and the Ibotta app is monitoring that payment in the background? After it goes through a few days later Ibotta will send me the check for the Turkey dinner? Do I have to upload the receipt manually? Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Newbie here w/ a basic question

Rickibotta
Rewards Advocate

@txchic 

When you are linked, you do not and cannot upload receipts.

So there is no way to 'resubmit' anything.

Corrections for linked accounts must be handled by opening a ticket.

ibotta won't send you a check.   They will add any successful redemptions to your account as a balance.  Once you hit $20 you can withdraw to either a bank account, paypal, or get a gift card from what I believe is a list of over 100 retailers.

The rest I will leave to those who have WM linked and use their online ordering

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Super Saver

There are two main ways to get the Turkey Dinner:

1. Link your Ibotta account with your Walmart account.  Select Walmart Pickup, then Shop Walmart Pickup & Delivery.  This will take you to Walmart Pickup & Delivery.  Place your order at Walmart, pay for your order, pickup or have your order delivered.  Within 24 hours, you should get credit for the amounts in Ibotta for each item that matches.  Be sure to turn off substitutions so that Walmart doesn't give you something else if they are out.  You must have $20 or more to withdraw your Ibotta earnings.

2. Go to Walmart and buy the items.  You pay for it.  Scan the TC# on the receipt into Ibotta.  Again, you can withdraw the money when you have $20 or more.

In both cases, make sure you have each item selected and double check the brand, size and price.  If anything is different, you may have the wrong item.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Rewards Whiz

@txchic  and make sure you check off NO SUBSTITUTIONS - this may you are assured to get the items that are part of the deals. Anything substituted you won't get credited for. 

0 Likes

Julz1
Rewards Hunter

Correct me if I am wrong...I thought you need to go to ibotta first and select items you want. Say 10 items. Scroll down & go to store (Walmart delivery) continue shopping. This is another list. how do you combined ibotta items to my Walmart cart ? Or is it necessary to find ibotta items in Walmart to cart?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Super Saver

These posts are from November.  The Turkey dinner is no longer available.

For Walmart Grocery Pickup & Delivery, you must first link Ibotta with Walmart.  Select or activate each offer in Ibotta under Walmart Pickup & Delivery that you plan to order.

Once this is done, you can place your Walmart Pickup & Delivery order from your phone or from your PC.  I believe there is now some integration between Ibotta and Walmart, but ultimately, you must verify the item you are purchasing matches the rebate offer in Ibotta.  If Walmart substitutes the item and it doesn't match the rebate in Ibotta, you won't get credit. 

Walmart does allow you to choose what item you will allow it to substitute.  Make sure it is also an Ibotta offer.

If you activated 10 offers in Ibotta, you will still need to check if these offers are available at your Walmart.  There is no way to tell Ibotta to put all of these items in your Walmart cart.  You will need to add them to your cart, one by one.

After you pickup your order from Walmart, it can take 24 hours or more to get credit in Ibotta.

0 Likes