cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Newbie Knowledge Wanted Please

What
Deal Ambassador

Every day, run a search for "any item." then activate ALL of the new/unchecked items.

Don't pause & ponder. Just check them all.

Don't worry about whether or not you may have an interest or what store it's from. Just check them all without giving further thought....you may be surprised what offer it "happens to match" down the road.

Happy ibotta-ing!

What
Deal Ambassador

Thanx to @mmoore01 and @Rickibotta, there are lots of valuable tips tucked inside this post.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but worth mentioning again: If a store does not require you to link your shopper/loyalty card, the DO NOT LINK it (unless you have some super-power). 

It sounds tempting & easy to link your card and be finished, but typically causes more grief then it's worth--especially for newbies.

The only account I link to ibotta is PayPal....because it's the most efficient/predictable way to get my cashback.

Happy ibotta-ing!

LeeLee2121q
Rewards Hunter

So I linked Ibotta to Target and Walmart.  Are you saying I should unlink those?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Expert

It really depends on how you shop.

Because of Covid, many people are now only doing Pickup & Delivery.  For this type of shopping, you have to be linked.

If you prefer shopping in store, you have a choice.  Either linking or not linking will work, but I prefer scanning my receipt and getting the immediate credit for my purchase. Linked accounts can take 24-48 hours and if something goes wrong, you have to open a request.  Linking can be convenient, but it is more troublesome.

Clbrim
Deal Sharer
  1. Great tip!
0 Likes

Casang2016
Shopper

That happened to me recently, I also had an offer go from3.00 dollars to .25 cents by the time I got home.

0 Likes

Luvhddsbod
Rewards Hunter

Make sure you read the restrictions for size, variety, and kind of product.  Tons of times, I've grabbed the wrong thing and no rebate.  Scanning the product barcode at the store helps. Report the store as not having the item if you can't find it.  

0 Likes

Cclemke
Rewards Hunter

When you can, check your local store availability before you go. For example, the Walmart and Target apps both let you see if your 'selected' store has an item in stock or if it is at a location nearby.

Many times a see a great freebie on Ibotta and then find out my local stores don't carry it.

Also, keep in mind you will still have to pay sales tax on taxable items.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Expert

If you shop Walmart Grocery Pickup & Delivery, either turn off substitutions or edit the substitutions to have Walmart pick another item that would also qualify for Ibotta.  If Walmart substitutes an item that is NOT an offer in Ibotta, you won't get credit from Ibotta.

Example: If Chobani Flips was in Ibotta and you selected Strawberry Cheesecake, but they were out, Walmart can substitute with another flavor.  If you edit Substitutions, you can select another item that YOU want, not what Walmart decides to select.  If you can't find another item you want, you can turn substitutions off for this one item.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Super Saver

DON'T LEAVE HOME @ 9:30 PM NEEDING 18 OFFERS TO COMPLETE A  BONUS THAT ENDS THAT NIGHT 

The facts:   I needed 18 offers.   I had 27 offers in my list.   All stores close at 11 PM.  I am an id-iot.

THE MISSION:  Go to 3 stores to get 18 offers in 90 minutes.  (stores are all a few minutes apart).  I have a cushion of 9 items.  What could go wrong?

WHAT WENT WRONG

1)  KROGER Store #1:    (9:40 PM to 10:30 PM)  - 21 offers loaded

• 3 items that were available in the afternoon were no longer in my list or available when I scanned at store
  • 2 items were OOS that I get all the time
  • 2 items I could not find 
  • "Scan, Bag, & Go" had crashed a few minutes before I went to checkout.  No regular lanes open   I scan/bag everything as I shop, and I just have to transfer my order to the kiosk to complete my order.  This means I had to scan everything at the stupid dinky little carousels at self-checkout. 

2)  KROGER Store #2:   (10:35 PM to 10:45PM)

No purchases.  Same missing offers and same OOS/elusive items.  Just wasted 10 minutes. 

3)  Walmart:   (10:50 PM to 11:05)   -  6 offers loaded

At this point, I assumed I had 14 offers completed from Kroger, so I needed 4 of the 6 at WM. I found 5 of the six, and I even bought an 'extra' item' - Kraft M&C  (not the stu-pid unicorn; they didnt have it) to give me an extra item cushion.  So I thought I had 20 offers.  Then I checked out and scanned my receipt.   Due to being rushed, two mistakes:  a) grabbed wrong product by mistake   b)  Only bought 3 but needed 4.   Only 4 offers redeemed.   That should leave me at 18 total.  

HOME:  I scan my Kroger receipt needing all 14 expected redemptions. 

• One did not work because I needed to buy 2, but only bought 1.
  • Two offers I scanned at Kroger now were missing in my ibotta list so I could not submit them.  Ticket opened.
  • Only 11 offers redeemed at Kroger

Total of 15 offers completed  out of 18 required towards $5 bonus.  Stores all closed.  Bonus expired.

Buying a lot of items requires a lot of checking and rechecking and scanning, etc.  No matter how detail-oriented you are, and no matter how many spreadsheets you have, sometimes spit just happens.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"