cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Newbie Knowledge Wanted Please

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Do check out other sites. 

The one I visit daily is thekrazycouponlady.com.  You can see many deals for most stores.  If you are looking for the best price for a grocery item, you can search for the item and it will tell you all the coupons available for it and deals found at many stores.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Do realize that Krazy Coupon Lady is not equally good with all stores.  She is horrible for Kroger.  For Kroger deals, use Krogerkrazy.com.   The point is there are numerous store-specific deal sites.

The two aforementioned sites as well as others provide the 'deal matching details.  So they will tell you that something is on sale for $3, that there is a $1 DQ, as well as a $1.50 ibotta rebate, so it will only cost you 50 cents.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Don't get frustrated about missed deals. 

Another one will come your way.  Many sales are cyclical.  Some, like Tide and Bounty, go on sale each month around the time the P&G coupon circular comes out.  Others may go on sale every six weeks.

The key word in couponing is patience.  Wait for items to go on sale.  Many times, there are coupons and rebates at the same time. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Do acquaint yourself with benefits and drawbacks of linking your favorite stores with ibotta.

UNLINKED

After purchase, many stores require you have to scan every item and submit the redemption request.  In the case of WM, you just scan the barcode and submit the redemption request.

If you forgot to choose one or more offers when you submitted your request, you can resubmit your receipt, selecting only those offers you had not chosen.

For other issues (e.g. you purchased 5 of something but you only got credit for 3, you can open up a ticket with ibotta support, and they will help you, although response may take up to a week.

You have up to 7 days to redeem offers.  Some people wait several days before  submitting receipt, but then you run the risk of the maximum available quantity being redeemed, and in those cases,  the offer ends early, and you do not get your money for that offer.

LINKED

After purchase is complete, you don't need to do anything.  You will get credit automatically because your account is linked and the two speak to each other across the computer.

If there are problems with linked purchase, you do NOT have the option to resubmit a receipt.  You must open a ticket.  (Caveat:  I was thinking @mmoore01  has mentioned once you could resubmit a linked WM receipt for up to 7 days)

Benefit:  You do not have to scan all the items you are seeking redemption for, but as I mentioned before, you already don't have to do that with WM.

FWIW:  I am unlinked everywhere and I submit receipt as soon as I get home.  Or if it is one or two items, I may do it before I even leave the store.  Many people also try to unlink everywhere they can.  So it all boils down to whether or not you have the time, or want to take the time, to scan all items at stores where you have to do so if unlinked.  I just feel you have more control unlinked.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Do not worry about Teammates.

In Ibotta, only the monthly bonuses take in the dollar amounts from your teammates.  You still have to submit the number of rebates listed to complete the bonus.  Normally, by the time you have completed that many rebates, you have already earned enough money for the Bonus.

Teammates can be added two ways:

1. Tell your friends about Ibotta and have them sign up with your referral code.  You can earn extra bonus money this way.  I would not recommend this to newbies since your friends will ask you lots of questions.  Get use to Ibotta first so you can help them save money.

2. Link your Facebook account to Ibotta.  Any friend in Facebook who has Ibotta will be added to your team.  Please note that this feature is buggy and may not work.  Ibotta is working to fix this.

See https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/november-2020-teamwork-thread-add-teammates-here/td-p/65... to learn more about Teammates.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Don't worry about teammates.    (Yes this is also where I was going next...lol)

Bonus Offer Components:

Personal Goal:  How many offers must be redeemed?

Team Goal:  How much earned from redemptions?

Example:   Level 1 monthly bonus:   Redeem 5 offers for $10 and earn $3 bonus

Teammates can combine to redeem $10 but you still have to redeem 5 offers on your own. 

Not Sure Where The Benefits Are

When you are very very new, you get easy offers.. Buy $1 item, get $2, or something like that.   These bonus offers get more and more difficult the more offers you redeem.    Many of us get bonus offers such as Complete 35 offers for $20 redemption and earn $1 bonus.  As you can see, teammates don't help there.

Nobody has ever been able to explain how teammates help them other than perhaps earn $3 or $4 early on.  

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Do withdraw your earnings after you reach $20

I know that there are people who wait until they have $100 or only withdraw once a month.  But I find it nice to take advantage of cash as soon as possible.   Especially for Newbies, you want to try out the process as early as possible so you can get any issues resolved right away.

There are three ways to withdraw your money:

1. Take it out on an egift card.  Your choices are limited, but it is usually the easiest way to get your money.  Usually, this can be completed in just an hour or so.  There are only a few denominations for the egift cards, starting at $20. You will be sent an email with a link to your egift card.  I have taken it out on a Walmart egift card a few times since that's where I do most of my shopping.

2. Send it to PayPal.  If you have a PayPal account, you can send it there.  You will have to link Ibotta with PayPal.  This is where I send my money most of the time.  It usually gets to PayPal in less than a day.  I then log into PayPal and send it to my Bank.  This can take several business days.  You can send any or all of the amount that you have in your Ibotta Account.

3. Send it to your Bank.  I have not used this new feature in Ibotta.  My understanding is that you link Ibotta with your bank through another service.  I do not know how long it takes.  I would assume you could withdraw any or all of your money in your Ibotta account.

For Newbies, I would recommend egift cards since it is the fastest way to get your money and pretty straight forward.  Be sure about your choice since all egift card choices are final.  

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Do familiarize yourself with the offer terms before you go to the store.

Some offers are a flat amount, and it is LIMIT=1, meaning you can only purchase one. 

Others are a flat amount for each item, but allow you to redeem it multiple times,

There are others that require purchase of a higher quantity of the item to earn a specific amount.  (e.g. Earn $1 WYB2 (When You Buy)

There is nothing worse than buying one item thinking you will get $3 off, and then realizing once you tried to redeem, that you needed to buy two items to get that $3 back.   This is especially true in the world of COVID where some stores still aren't accepting returns, or maybe it is an item they won't accept as return.

Bonus info:  You have a choice to make on items that have a flat amount but allow you to purchase multiples

If your offer is save $1 per item LIMIT5, you have to decide how many you want to buy.   If it is something you know you love and you know you will use it, you may choose to buy 5 of them if it is a great deal after all discounts.  However, if you buy 5, it only counts as one towards your bonuses. 

Some people like to buy fewer because they believe the item will 'reset'  (in other words, come back as an available offer).  There are two risks:  (a) it may not reset at all <and>  (B) if it does reset, it may only be 50¢ each, or it may be $1 WYB2.   In other words the terms could change

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TR1963 

I think we have a pretty good start for you so far

Dana
Deal Expert

It's not rocket science don't over think it. Go into the store you want to shop at. At the top it will tell you how to get your rebate scan receipt, link account/card, or both if both you can pick one. If it's a linked store link before you do anything. Click on what you want to buy then go buy it if it's a linked store you do not have to do anything but wait pending time is normally 48 hours buy can take 3-5 days sometimes longer that's with all linked accounts. If it's a scan click on what you want to buy then buy it the scan receipt follow the prompts it tells you exactly what you need to do. Then wait for it to process a few hours to a day. For online purchases like the children's place, home depot etc go into the website from ibotta and do your normal shopping just like if you were to be on the website on a computer do not use any coupons or discount codes because you will not get the rebate they don't double dip that way. When you're done exit out and up to 90 days or whatever the pending time is it will say in the fine print (read the fine print on everything it will tell you exactly what you can get) you'll get the rebate. If you don't get credit for something or it misses something keep your receipt and packaging they will need that info when you put in a ticket. Tickets take a week some longer to get answered because people put in tickets for every little thing they will get back to you and help.