Newbie looking for someone to show me how to do this correctly

Freeisthegoal
Rewards Hunter

I'm new and need to know how to do this the best way possible

4 Replies

Re: Newbie looking for someone to show me how to do this correctly

Dana
Deal Expert

it's not rocket science don't over think it. Go into the store you want to shop at. At the top it will tell you how to get your rebate scan receipt, link account/card, or both if both you can pick one. If it's a linked store link before you do anything. Click on what you want to buy then go buy it if it's a linked store you do not have to do anything but wait pending time is normally 48 hours buy can take 3-5 days sometimes longer that's with all linked accounts. If it's a scan click on what you want to buy then buy it the scan receipt follow the prompts it tells you exactly what you need to do. Then wait for it to process a few hours to a day. For online purchases(some online stores you can only buy from certain categories read the fine print on then it will tell you if there's a category and what to buy from it. If no category is listed you can buy whatever you want) like the children's place, home depot etc go into the website from ibotta and do your normal shopping just like if you were to be on the website on a computer do not use any coupons or discount codes because you will not get the rebate they don't double dip that way. When you're done exit out and up to 90 days or whatever the pending time is it will say in the fine print (read the fine print on everything it will tell you exactly what you can get) you'll get the rebate. If you don't get credit for something or it misses something keep your receipt and packaging they will need that info when you put in a ticket. Tickets take a week some longer to get answered because people put in tickets for every little thing they will get back to you and help 

0 Likes

Jodi-lozier
Saver

I am new too and making lots of mistakes lol. Scanning as you shop is very helpful so you don’t have any surprises when you leave the store. I don’t always remember to do that. Also redeem offers as soon as possible because offers will disappear. Do you follow anyone on YouTube?  I watch a couple of coupon channels and they are great about ferreting out deals. Good luck to the both of us!

0 Likes

Janet1964
Super Saver

Always scan in store! I have been doing this a couple of months and still make mistakes. Yesterday, I was getting more kind single bars for my husband and almost didn’t scan. I got the ones that I knew he liked last time. When I scanned, the offer was only for the new ones, and the ones I originally picked were the wrong ones.
I also missed an offer because I was supposed to buy 2 and I only bought 1. I did scan it, but didn’t read. We all make mistakes.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Jodi-lozier @Freeisthegoal   Where do you shop the most - of course, you'll see a ton of Walmart deals (that's where many of the free offers come in).  I try to post my shops when I do them and "share with the class". 

Many of us also use other apps to combine the savings such as Fetch, coupons.com app (and coupons.com to print coupons), Swagbucks, Checkout 51, Coinout and Shopkick.  I've been personally killing it with Shopkick lately.  MOST of the apps come with referral bonuses - you sign up and use my code and we both get XY or Z.   So if you can, ask for a referral code before joining and you have a coupon friend for life. Browse the board, ask questions and read what everyone else has to say.

Most importantly, read your offer (sometimes it's limited to 1 item, sometimes more).  Sometimes you must buy 2 or 4 to get the offer.  Make sure the offer is good IN THE STORE YOU ARE IN and MAKE SURE YOU SCAN THE ITEM to make sure it matches. 

I also have been shopping at Target and combining TC (Target Circle) offers and coupons for even better deals.

Here is a good chain that had a ton of ideas that we all compiled

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/newbie-knowledge-wanted-please/m-p/8574#M5919

If you are communicating on the board, if you type @ @before the person's name, they will be sure to see your message back.  So respond @felskyny and I'll be sure to see your response. 

0 Likes