cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers disappearing from the app

greenturtle36
Shopper

Two offers have disappeared not only from my list, but from the entire app. I know they're not expired, because the Coca-Cola in store offer (0.30 off 20 oz) doesn't expire until December 6th. Yet I can't add it to my list, and I can't work toward the bonus for that products, and which I have to by four separate bottles of it. I'm buying it, but I'm not getting credit because the offer has disappeared. I'm having the same problem with the Irish Spring 18 Oz body wash, fifty cents off

Tags (2)
7 Replies

Re: Offers disappearing from the app

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@greenturtle36 

Sometimes there are limited number of offers and items are pulled earlier than originally anticipated.  Some of those times, you will get advance notification that the item is ending.   Sometimes you don't.   Sometimes they just disappear.

Sometimes you will scan at the store and it will just clock.   Sometimes it will scan and MATCH at store, but when you get back home to scan receipt it will say  TROUBLE CONNECTING.  I realize if you are linked, you don't scan items to redeem.   

This is why it is always best to scan at store for in-store purchases.   It helps you avoid some of these situations.

Like everything else, if you purchased something and you scanned it in store, open up a ticket and they will hook you up.

I realize it may not seem like an adequate response.   But it is what it is.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@greenturtle36 

I always treat product bonuses as 'extra' and don't count on them.   They will sometimes also end early.   And there are some times where you may need to buy say 'hot dogs' and 'macaroni and cheese' for a cross-promotion bonus.  The bonus may expire in August and perhaps the hot dogs do as well, but the M&C may expire in June and not reset.   So you don't always get what you would consider a 'fair' shot at completing bonuses.

That may not be true in your situation.  Perhaps it will reset in a few days.

FWIW, I currently see the COCA-COLA offer for Walmart with 5 days left. And I see a bonus as well (75¢ instore for 4, or $1 online for 2 or more trips).  Different folks do have different offers.

As I mentioned before, once you buy the item it is gone for a few days even if it does reset.  Perhaps that does or doesn't apply to you.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Dana
Deal Expert

The manufacturer sets the limits once it is reached it goes away it doesn't matter if it has an expiration date or not.

0 Likes

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

This problem only started happening to me since the 1/26/2021 app update. It's been very frustrating. First it was Walmart. I bought 6 offer items but only 3 showed up when I scanned the receipt barcode. Yet when I went to my Walmart list in the app, the other 3 were checked! I sent a report and it was corrected. Four days later, I bought 4 offers that I checked on the app before buying, then when I got home 2 had disappeared. I scanned the receipt and sent a report, but later that night the offers reappeared. I rescanned the receipt and just added the 2 that were missed the first time. Then after they were accepted, I closed the problem rpt. I edited my review of Ibotta, downgrading from 5 stars to 2. Got a confusing "fix" from the app people that I tried. Now 6 days later, It happened again for 2 offers bought at Whole Foods. After I bought 4 bottles of Zenwtr (2different sizes), I decided to scan the receipt in the car as I had more errands. The app wouldn't work (kept getting error msgs). By the time I got home, the offers were gone. I couldn't even scan the receipt as no offer was there. I again sent a report, adding pictures of the items, barcodes, and receipt. But really, how many times do we have to do this. I'm retired and have used Ibotta as a fun way to save. But typing on my phone is not fun. 

Lollykins
Core Shopper

I've had problems with something similar.  I always scan the items I'm buying in the store to be sure they qualify.  If I bought from 2 different stores, when I submit the first receipt ibotta will pull offers scanned in store but not purchased from that store even though I didn't submit for them.  Those offers will disappear from the app until the first receipt has been processed and paid.  I submit the second receipt but don't get paid for everything. 

Once the first receipt is processed, the offers will show back up in the app.  And I have to resubmit the second receipt to get the balance of my offers.  It's really frustrating, because some of these things have a short timeline and may not "come back".  It's like my ibotta has a mind of its it's own! 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

This is how I think Ibotta works, so this could be wrong.

Ibotta rebates are limited.  Though it does not show it, the manufacturer may have agreed to, say 10,000, rebates or some other way to limit how many are redeemed.

As the number of rebates are redeemed, Ibotta will calculate when they THINK they will run out.  But sometimes, the rebate goes fast, sometimes before they have even set an expiration date.

I have noticed this situation a lot on weekends, which makes sense since many of us do most of our shopping on the weekends. Ibotta may pull the rebate to make sure they don't go over the limit.

After Ibotta pulls it, they realize they still have a few more rebates left.  They add the rebate back with an expiration date.  It may only be available for a day or two.

Because of this, I take screenshots of any rebates that I think may disappear, especially on weekends.  I also submit my receipt in the store.  For some reason, the app doesn't always work on cell phone service, so doing it on the store's wifi usually works better.

I agree it is a pain to have to submit a request, especially on a phone.  Many times, I will enter my request on Ibotta.com from my laptop.

0 Likes

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

I also found this all to be true. So, to be sure I get all my rebates, I scan my items at the Wal-Mart self check and as soon as I get the receipt, I am ready with my phone to scan the receipt barcode. By the time I get to the exit, my rebates have all credited. In the past, like most others, I would wait to get home to scan all my receipts for the day. But, lo and behold, more than half of my offers would have disappeared by then. Scanning my receipt right at the self check has solved that problem. For those that may be skittish to scan your receipt at the self check register, just scoot right outside to the pickup kiosk or another free area and scan. Like I said, waiting too long results in lost credits. Hope this helps.