cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online purchase/picked up at store

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

I'm not a huge online shopper, except for Amazon (I figure if I pay for Prime so I can stream certain shows, I might as well order stuff without paying for shipping). Anyway, I wanted to buy some garden soil from my local Lowes but they are so busy I couldn't get any help. So I ordered online for pick-up in store through the Ibotta app. Very small order but I just got home from picking it up and I got my lbotta offer credit and my $0.02 cash back! I'm happy I got the offer credit and so quickly. And it saved me a ton of annoyance by not having to find help to get what I needed or to stand in an enormous check-out line. 

I never did my grocery shopping online during the past year, but this was worth it. Thanks Ibotta.

5 Replies

Re: Online purchase/picked up at store

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

You can also buy a Lowe's gift card and use it for your online purchase.  This will give you another count towards bonuses.  So, you get two counts, one for the gift card, one for the online purchase.

You can even use your Ibotta earnings to buy the gift card instead of a debit card.

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@mmoore01 

That is how you Ibotta

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

I actually used a gift card that my wonderful spouse had a few bucks still on it. I have used my earnings to buy gift cards but never really understood how to pay for a purchase with a gift card for the amount of purchase, using a debit card. I'm old school about giving out debit card info online. In fact, I have been dithering about setting up transfer of earnings to a checking account. Guess I need to put on my big girl **bleep**...

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@TXbelle 

I totally understand what you are saying about on line security. The bank card  I have linked to my ibotta account I'm able to turn on and off until I'm ready to make a purchase.   I also debated adding my banking account information well as to date I have not encountered any issues or compromises. 

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@TXbelle 

I don't give out my banking info either.   I pay my monthly bills thru my credit card.

For rebate sites, I cash out to PAYPAL.    If they don't use PAYPAL, I just don't do it. 

And I also do not use browser extensions, but that is my preference as a computer consultant.  Instead I use 8 to 10 different click-thru online cash back sites that I have been using for 15 to 20 years.

Personal preference.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes