cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Online shopping and bonuses

dramaspoiler
Saver

I just placed an online order thru ibotta.  I dont see any pending transaction so not sure if they capture it correctly.  It did say 24 hours for the merchant.  My question is there is a bonus that requires I make an online purchase will I be able to get it if it doesn't get processed by the time the bonus offer expires?  Not even sure if it register the transaction.  Do I lose bonus because they don't see I made a order before it expires.  Not sure how the bonus work if it is contingent on a order.  I don't mind waiting 45 days before they give the bonus but how do I know they acknowledge it and will pay 45 days later if the offer would expire before a confirm from the merchant?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Online shopping and bonuses

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

If there is a bonus and you placed the order before the bonus expires, you will get the bonus, even if the bonus expires before you get paid or receive the item purchased.  It is based on the order date/time, not when you get it.

I would re-read all the details for the online retailer and make sure your order matches the criteria stated in Ibotta.

Be sure to make screenshots of the bonus and keep your email receipt of the order in case you have to open a request.  Also take a screenshot of the details of the retailer in case it changes.

Please note that the order could take 24-48 hours to be pending.  Actual payout to your account can be up to 90 days for some retailers.  Again, check the details for this retailer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

If there is a bonus and you placed the order before the bonus expires, you will get the bonus, even if the bonus expires before you get paid or receive the item purchased.  It is based on the order date/time, not when you get it.

I would re-read all the details for the online retailer and make sure your order matches the criteria stated in Ibotta.

Be sure to make screenshots of the bonus and keep your email receipt of the order in case you have to open a request.  Also take a screenshot of the details of the retailer in case it changes.

Please note that the order could take 24-48 hours to be pending.  Actual payout to your account can be up to 90 days for some retailers.  Again, check the details for this retailer.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Saver

thanks.  I'm glad it actually posted before the bonus offer expires.  I did Groupon which is 10% but not sure why what I got credit for was less but it's ok.  I really needed it for the bonus offer and they gave me some cash back kind of quick so can't complain.  Thanks again. Glad to know it is valid as long as purchase was made before expiration date.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

1KCSportsFan
Rewards Hunter

Hi, thank you for your detailed reply. I have a follow-up question because I don't understand how online shopping bonuses work at all. Are the cash-back, online shopping offers able to be redeemed for bonuses? I'll give an example, and I think I did the same thing as the original poster.

I did the 10% Groupon cash back offer, so will it count for the New Year, More Cash bonus? Or do I have to redeem a specifically-titled offer like the Amazon Audible Free Trial, or $10 back on a Walmart+ Monthly Trial?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I did not have the New Year, Earn More bonus, so I don't know the details.  However, rebates for Online Purchases usually count toward bonuses that are based on the number of rebates redeemed.  So, if you made two online purchases, they would be counted toward a bonus that says you have to redeem 15 offers.

Please note: Most online purchases have a pending period of 24 hours to 90 days.  You will earn the bonus if you made the online purchase before the bonus expires, but you may not get the money for the online purchase for 90 days and therefore, the bonus would not be credited until the 90 days are up, too.

I would take screenshots of the Bonus details, the offers and keep any emails related to your purchase until you have received your money.  You may need this if you have to open a request.

0 Likes