cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay with ibotta

ginger1
Deal Sharer
  • Paying with gift card at Walmart purchased thru Ibotta gift cards. I got cash back but doesn't it also count as an offer for a bonus? My total offers redeemed doesn't reflect the gift card when I check my progress. If they're not going to count, I'm going to go back to my credit card. Anybody know?
6 Replies

Re: Pay with ibotta

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@ginger1  My previous GC purchases were definitely counted toward bonuses, so if it’s not reflecting on yours, I’d inquire with the care team. Hope it gets corrected soon!

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@ginger1  It should definitely count as an offer (at least it did when I did it over the weekend)

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@ginger1 

Gift cards count towards your offer.  I have purchased 8 gift cards this week.  If you clear your cache you item count will reflect your current total.

20210824_145248.jpg

Paying full price is optional

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@ginger1 

Paying with a gift card does NOT count towards bonuses.  Buying a gift card from Ibotta does. 

When you buy the gift card, you will immediately earn a percentage and your counts for weekly/monthly bonuses will be updated.

You can either use the gift card right away to pay for your purchase or you can save for later or give it away.  Either way, you still earn the percentage and the bonus counts.

ginger1
Deal Sharer

Thanks for the responses. Cleared my cache and the total reflected it. Thanks.

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@ginger1 

Side note, you will only receive credit for GC purchased made using

Screenshot_20210825-062702_Ibotta.jpg

The second option you can use to purchase gift cards which are emailed, and does not reward you with a percentage refunded or credit as a purchase.

Screenshot_20210825-062615_Ibotta.jpg

Paying full price is optional