cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Problems linking my Paypal account for cashing out

AceofBair
Rewards Hunter

I signed up with Ibotta through Facebook, so I do not have an actual password with the app, but when I try to link my Paypal account, Ibotta requires that I have a password for Ibotta, which I cannot enter because I signed up with Facebook. So, you see my dilemma

Please let me know how to get my Paypal account linked so that I can cash out.

Thank you.

Labels (3)

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Problems linking my Paypal account for cashing out

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Hi @AceofBair

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble linking your PayPal account. 

To clarify, while you can sign up with Facebook, you still have to enter a password to create an account.  If you don't remember the password you entered when you initially created your account, you are able to the reset password in the Account section of the app. 

I hope this helps! If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Care team using the Help Center

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

You have to put in a ticket and ask it can take up to a week or more since people put in tickets for every little thing.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@AceofBair 

That seems a bit scary to me.  I don't use Facebook and this is the first time I have heard of anyone signing up with Facebook.  Are you sure it was Ibotta?

There has been posts on this forum that there is a site on Facebook pretending to be Ibotta.  I can't believe Ibotta would sign people up without asking for a password.  The only possibility would be that your Facebook password is also your Ibotta password.  I would start with that.

If that doesn't work, then submit a request like @Dana suggested. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Hi @AceofBair

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble linking your PayPal account. 

To clarify, while you can sign up with Facebook, you still have to enter a password to create an account.  If you don't remember the password you entered when you initially created your account, you are able to the reset password in the Account section of the app. 

I hope this helps! If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Care team using the Help Center

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

AceofBair
Rewards Hunter

I did try changing my password and then reconnecting my Paypal, but it just tells me that the password is not correct.

Here are the steps I follow in the app on my Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra:

1. Go to Account at the bottom  of the screen

2. Select Withdraw cash. Yes, I do have enough in my balance to withdraw. 🙂

3. To the right of the Paypal logo, I select Link account.

4. A popup window appears and asks me to enter my Ibotta password.

5. I enter the password that I recently changed.

6. Another popup shows up saying Something went wrong. Invalid password.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

AceofBair
Rewards Hunter

I just went through the whole process again, after once again resetting my password. This time, I was able to get the link to work. It did take a couple of hours to get the  password reset email, but that is not on you guys.

Thank you.