Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Product under review question

Lifetimereward
Deal Sharer

Questions to our experts

I submitted a product for review since it didn’t scan aka claim it did not match when the item matches offer description including size etc. What happens if the offer expires before they complete the review.  Am I out the offer money considering I actually bought the product already.  It didn’t scan when I check product so I never bother picking it when it couldn’t find the product obviously.  

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Product under review question

Lifetimereward
Deal Sharer

@mmoore01 @Rickibotta @Dean @123Save 

happy to report that they approve the product submission in the afternoon and I was able to scan into Ibotta in evening and get my $3.

Thanks all.  I do think that some stores are better in picking up products then others.  Interesting that most deals are at Walmart where I don’t have one near me.  I would have thought the deal would have been expired if everyone found it at clearance at Walgreens which would be mm.  Cvs is just priced higher then everyone else.  Interesting that cvs 14 count is $13.11 vs Walgreens 26 count at $2.19 or cheaper if have coupon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lifetimereward 

You have up to 7 days to submit, so providing the offer does not end prematurely, and they add the item, then you can scan and it will be good.  You can open a ticket if you like and I suppose they would help you out providing it does get added but the bonus and/or offer has expired.   The worst they can do is say no.

I  would recommend  you complete another offer if you have to get one more.  If the item does not scan as matched, I don't bother purchasing because that is the universe trying to tell me it was not meant to be.  

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

Lifetimereward
Deal Sharer

Thanks.

i forgot to scan before I purchased.  Dummy me saw that product and quantity match and assume it match aka forgot to scan.  I’m hoping they approve in time and Offer still available not expire to scan it in.  I didn’t meet the weekend bonus but this would help the bookworm bonus which is iffy to complete.  

I hate no matches when it’s obvious it’s the product.  With no matches I can put ticket.  But if I can’t even submit the receipt it’s hard to ask for the money since they can argue I didn’t submit receipt.  Normally I scan all products before I buy to make sure it matches but I must have been desperate since I was trying to find things to buy to use an same day expiring cvs $10 ecb.  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lifetimereward 

We have all been there.  Like you said, expiring EB, or WC, or coupons.  And it is hard to reverify everything right before checkout all the time. 

I ALMOST always scan while in store, but I ALWAYS submit receipts to everywhere (ibotta, CDC. FETCH, SB, SK, etc) before I leave the store.  The only reason I can do that consistently is because I don't have a woman to tell me she isn't waiting around for me....lol.

Out of curiosity. What is the offer, store, and the item you say should qualify.  Maybe an extra set of eyes?

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

Lifetimereward
Deal Sharer

@Rickibotta 

It’s the depends silhouette. I bought the 14 count at cvs $13.11 on clearance.  I used cvs $4 coupon and $3 mfg coupon.  I also had a fetch offer for $3 so if I got the $3 Ibotta that would make it $0.11 oop.

Funny thing is none of the other sizes are a match either and it was the item that was actually on the offer.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lifetimereward 

Does rhe item have a markdown sticker?  I know kroger markdown stickers are always modified UPCs, so I always have to peel the sticker and scan the original UPC for a match.

Solved! Go to solution

Lifetimereward
Deal Sharer

@Rickibotta 

The box has the original UPC code nothing is tape over it.  I’m wondering if it’s just not in the computer system for cvs. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lifetimereward 

So while in CVS store mode, if you search for depend or silhouette, it comes up, BUT look at the offer details.  The store list does not include CVS.  That is odd.  

Submit a ticket with a copy of your receipt, pic of item and UPC, and explain the situation.  They should credit you even though you have not 'submitted' the receipt.

Solved! Go to solution

Lifetimereward
Deal Sharer

@Rickibotta 

When you scan the product it shows no offers found.  But the actual item, description, count is matching the offer itself is listing cvs.  It’s just that the product is not matching in the system .  I’m tempted to put ticket but I already submitted product for review.  If they approve item I can submit but if I put ticket in I’m not sure if I can submit receipt until they credit me manually.

I guess I can put ticket in as placeholder for them to credit me manually.  I’ll do it tomorrow morning in case the approve my item tonight 

thanks

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

Could this CVS issue be related to this? I never did get the Big G cereal offer back under CVS. 😠 

https://community.ibotta.com/t5/beta-testing/cvs-account-linking-feedback-survey/m-p/98831#M257

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes