cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public service announcement to anyone trying the new Wicked Foods (Kroger)

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

DO  NOT BUY. I'm a sucker for new plant based products (I'm 100% meat free - no judgment, I just don't like meat), even at 50% off with IR the stuff is GARBAGE.  like, inedible.  I really think it might be the most disgusting thing I've purchased for home consumption in the past 5 years.  possibly ever.  bowls full of "stuff" with so much salt that overpowers all you can taste is insanely salty water.  I actually took the time to message them on facebook tonight b/c I can't believe they expect anyone to pay to eat this!!!! hopefully this will save someone else a few $$!  I've tried several of their products and all were inedible. 

7 Replies

Re: Public service announcement to anyone trying the new Wicked Foods (Kroger)

TXbelle
Super Saver

I have tried some that were free and I agree,  yuk. But I had a $1.50 off 1 coupon and the $2ir so bought the oatmeal single serve cup. Haven't tried it yet and at $3.99 would never pay that for a small serving of oatmeal,  but $0.49 was a small sacrifice to help make my wwb.  

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Shopgirl  I think I grabbed a freebie from Sprouts as part of their sampling program.  I chose the Mac and cheese with peas.  It was terrible.

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@cjwoody I was actually offended somebody had made some thing that gross I paid for😂😂😂

TXbelle
Super Saver

@Shopgirl 

I ate the apple pie porridge this morning so I could share my review.  I'm not a picture taker so I will describe the experience.  Upon opening the cup, I saw what looked pretty powdery and I thought--mushy?? The directions stated do NOT microwave but to add 2/3 cup boiling water.  Once I stirred it it didn't look terrible.  It was more creamy(i.e. baby foodish) than I like but the flavor wasn't too bad.  It was less sweet than expected which was a pleasant surprise. I don't know how it had 300 calories. I wouldn't pay $3.99 for it and even the $0.49 I paid was a little too much for what it was.  But it was much more edible than any other Wicked product I have tasted. 

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

@TXbelle  Definitely sounds better than their other products!  maybe if I can get it for a quarter I’ll try it 😬

123Save
Deal Ambassador

This morning I saw a new IR for $2 (up to 5) for any Wicked Foods cup product. I vaguely remembered this thread but didn’t check beforehand.

My Kroger had 3 noodles and 2 porridges; almost everything on the shelf expired Jan or Mar 2022 but I got 4 of the very berry porridge that are good through July. I’m sure the old stuff is ok- I just always try to buy recently created foods whether it’s fresh or packaged.

They were on sale for $3 plus there was a $1 DQ useable up to 5 times; after the IR, only had to pay a few cents in tax.

I enjoy oatmeal and this was just ok. It has a lot of fiber and protein, so I’m good with the 300 calories. 

TXbelle
Super Saver

@123Save 

I don't have an Ibotta offer for Wicked foods.  Plus it's not on sale. But there's a $1 off dq 5x's. I do find the porridge edible, so a little sad I don't have the offer.  Thanks for letting us know. 

0 Likes