cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Solved! Go to solution

Purchased Items Before Setting Up Walmart Pay...?

abegail
Rewards Hunter

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚ I've come back to Ibotta after about a year of being away. I ran into a problem and need some advice! I added the offers for the free Thanksgiving meal from Walmart, got them with Walmart pickup, and headed home. When I try to redeem the offers, however, I get a notification telling me that I have to link and pay through Walmart Pay, which I don't have and didn't use for the items. Is there any way to redeem the offers WITHOUT linking Walmart Pay and just using my Walmart account, or did I miss out? Thank you and happy shopping! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Tags (2)
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Purchased Items Before Setting Up Walmart Pay...?

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Walmart Pay is Walmart's non-contact way to pay for your purchase.  It is not related to Ibotta in any way.

You can purchase the Thanksgiving Dinner two ways.  Both require you to check off the items in the app.

1. Link your Ibotta app to your Walmart account.  Linking the account is for purchases from Walmart Pickup.  Walmart will tell Ibotta what you bought.  Ibotta will match the items purchased with the items you have checked off in the app.  Be sure to not allow substitutions.  Ibotta only pays out for the items listed, not substitutions.

2. Purchase the items in store.  You can check each item in the Ibotta app by scanning the UPC.  After you have paid for the items, submit your receipt by scanning the TC# at the bottom of the Walmart Receipt.

Once Ibotta has your purchase information, your order may go to pending for 24 hours.  Once it is processed, the money will be posted to your account.  You can withdraw your money once you have $20 or more.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

If you have your walmart account linked and clicked on the offers in the pickup delivery option before checkout for pick up you'll be fine. Normal time is up to 48 hours but people have posted 3-5 days some longer.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Walmart Pay is Walmart's non-contact way to pay for your purchase.  It is not related to Ibotta in any way.

You can purchase the Thanksgiving Dinner two ways.  Both require you to check off the items in the app.

1. Link your Ibotta app to your Walmart account.  Linking the account is for purchases from Walmart Pickup.  Walmart will tell Ibotta what you bought.  Ibotta will match the items purchased with the items you have checked off in the app.  Be sure to not allow substitutions.  Ibotta only pays out for the items listed, not substitutions.

2. Purchase the items in store.  You can check each item in the Ibotta app by scanning the UPC.  After you have paid for the items, submit your receipt by scanning the TC# at the bottom of the Walmart Receipt.

Once Ibotta has your purchase information, your order may go to pending for 24 hours.  Once it is processed, the money will be posted to your account.  You can withdraw your money once you have $20 or more.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

@abegail 

I may have misspoke.  I see in Ibotta that for in store purchases at Walmart, you CAN link your Walmart Pay with Ibotta and you don't have to submit your receipts.  They will automatically be submitted.

It is possible that you accidentally linked Ibotta with Walmart Pay instead of Walmart Pickup.  I can see where this could be confusing.  Go to Account, then Settings, then Linked Accounts and verify you are linked to Walmart Pickup & Delivery.  If you are linked to Walmart Pay, select Disconnect.

Sorry if I gave you wrong information.  I was not aware that you could link Ibotta with Walmart Pay.

0 Likes