cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on multiple times to use a deal

jennystohl
Rewards Hunter

If a deal limit is 5 times- do you need to buy all 5 in one transaction?    I purchased 1 (limit was 5) to just try it out and now I do not see that deal in my list.

Newbie to ibotta so learning the ropes!   Thank you for your help.

Jenny

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Question on multiple times to use a deal

Icequeen813
Deal Master

You must check details of the offer first, because sometimes there are restrictions, like  you can only use 2x per receipt & always scan  each individual item 

mmoore01
Deal Master

If the limit is 5, you usually only need to buy 1.  However, if you only buy 1, the rebate will disappear for 24-48 hours.  When it comes back, it could be exactly the same (you could still buy 5), but it also could change, such as you now have to buy 2.  

Checkout 51 has an option where you can buy more than one, but you can come back again and submit another receipt if you haven't reached the limit yet.  Ibotta doesn't work that way.

Hope that helps.

jennystohl
Rewards Hunter

I used Walmart Pick up - so I am not in control if each item is scanned or quantity button is used- bummer.  I appreciate your response and I will make sure I check my account to see if the offer pops back!  Thank you!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@jennystohl  I always try to check the limit and if the deal is really good - I buy the max I can, just in case the offer doesn't come back.  I bought 5 of the Skippy squeeze peanut butter with 5 hangtag coupons and 5 Ibotta rebates  AND the offer came back again, so I may buy more (not sure how many coupons I have - may have to stop at Target again and pick up more coupons - if they are still available).

Some people prefer to buy 1 at a time, so they can maximize the # of offers they do.  Buy 1 peanut butter 1 day, and wait for the offer to come back, and then buy another one.  Core bars were FREE at Target with TC offer (limit 3) - so I made sure to buy 3.