cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

Karime22
Rewards Hunter

Hi, I am knew n dont really know how Ibotta app works 😔  Can some explain step by step please... Thank you

😊

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Question

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Welcome to the Ibotta Community.

I like to think of Ibotta as a list of rebates.  Some are only available at certain stores.

Look through the offers from the stores you shop. Select each offer you might be interested in buying.

Go shopping at your stores.  Submit your receipt in the app and Ibotta will try to find the offers you selected.  Ibotta does a great job with some stores, like Walmart, Target and Walgreens.  Other stores require you to scan the UPC of the products.

Ibotta will credit your account the rebates it finds.  If any get missed, you can try submitting your receipt again or submit a request to Ibotta Customer Care.

Once you reach $20, you can withdraw your earnings to a gift card, PayPal or your bank.

You can earn more money through bonuses and online purchases.

We are users like you.  If you have any questions, feel free to start a conversation.  There are many who can help.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Hi, maybe the biggest key to getting the most YOU can get out of Ibotta is that you rummage INTENTLY through app regularly if not day in and day out.  You do that you OUGHT to find 10+ offers that are either reasonable fair and square or compelling and attractive, i.e., FAOs (free after offers, wherein the entire pre-tax amount goes into your e-fund, which is where ALL your cash back goes; LOTS of FAOs last 6+ months). You should find 10+ deals that make you say 'Man, I gotta get crackin' and knock these out the next 4-5 days.' 

Or if you only find 5, set a goal to knock them out the next 2 days

Remember I said rummage through the app daily or every other day? Because you might find ANOTHER 5 or 10+ offers you GOTTA HAVE, and the MORE OFFERS you complete monthly, the more $$$$$ you make

93barton
Rewards Hunter

Ibotta is super fun and once you start you won’t want to stop saving. 

mutliple ways to save money. 

if you’re going to a store you can buy gift cards with cashback options. 

Also, there are items you can purchase in store or online to gain rebates and hit bonuses when those are available. 

so many great resources online if you search on YouTube for couponing with Kayla or Jodi Dunn they have great ibotta hauls and videos on how to get started. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

The $$$$ you save and accumulate with Ibotta could become a second emergency fund alongside your savings account

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@93barton you must be an Ibotta veteran even if you just started on this forum

0 Likes