cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason to Stockpile?

BarbaraG
Saver

Not intending to step on anyone's toes here, but simply curious. I love looking at the beautiful stockpile videos and they almost make me jealous. But I wonder what some of the reasons for stockpiling might be in addition to obtaining a supply in order to resale. In the past, I've had sort of large stockpiles and then at some point, I'd just pack them all off to a charity or something. I can understand stockpiling for personal use in case of a potential food shortage, but I'm talking about those gigantic stockpiles. Again, I'm just curious, neither judging nor complaining.

8 Replies

Re: Reason to Stockpile?

Dana
Deal Expert

People in my opinion are greedy they get items for free or very cheap and sell it at regular price. Actually its a health issue you don't know how long people have had it in the house and it can degrade over time and can get people sick. Whenever I see that in the marketplace selling I report it and it gets deleted.

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@BarbaraG ,  I surmise it’s reselling & some donate to charities 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@BarbaraG  Yes reselling and donations. I have a reasonable stockpile of things we use and I share with family and friends, and donate as well. My sister is a teacher and many of the snacks I give to her to pass on to the kids (individually wrapped mind you).  It's like when people see peelie coupons and take EVERY SINGLE ONE.  I agree - Greed can be a factor in some cases.  

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Shopping Enthusiast

I stockpile products we use when there is a good deal to save money.

Janet1964
Super Saver

@BarbaraG @I stockpile items that I know I will use to save money. However, most of my stockpile is donated to needy children. There are a lot of families that are on public assistance and it does not cover laundry items, paper goods, toiletries, etc. and if you can’t afford food,  then you most definitely can’t afford those items. Every time, I donate the children are shocked to see name brand items. They are used to getting store brand or dollar store items. So when they get Nivea, Dove, Pantene, etc., they feel special. They have no idea that I got it cheaper than the cheap stuff. Once when I made 100 gift bags for a children’s home and arranged a game for every child to win a prize bag according to their age and **bleep**.  The comments were priceless - “wow, this is the good stuff” I had received a donation of Aussie, Dove, Colgate and Mary Kay products. I had bought everything else with coupons. each bag had a value of $100. Some had never received such a gift before. This year, I adopted 2 families with 8 teenagers combined and each is getting gift bags with Shampoo, Body Wash, Deodorant, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Body lotion, Hand Cream, Mouthwash, Choc Candy, Razors, Shaving products, Nail Polish/Lip Gloss/Nail files for the girls. I also bought each child an outfit, pack of underwear, pack of socks, pajamas, a new coat or pair of shoes (parent choice) and $25 toy (parent choice). I have done this for over 20 years. I had someone help me when I was younger and struggling to make ends meet. I hope these kids will pay it forward one day. I also found three single  young adults that are struggling to make ends meet and lost their jobs due to COVID - so they will be getting gift bags also this year. I have finished shopping, but with the current deals - I have already started working on next year. I have my spare bedroom closet where I store items in plastic boxes. Besides, my adult kids and grandkids always come shopping at my house (it’s free) lol.

TrooperCamera
Deal Sharer

I can only speak for certain items but I will see sales on post and then see the fame items being sold for a dollar or more above cost. It ticks me off because those sales are a benefit to being military and people snap it all up and others don’t get any. I’ll admit I’ve bought extra detergent and supplies even though theirs only two of us but it gets given away or used. We don’t resell it. Large stockpiles are just a way to make profit off something free or cheap 

TrooperCamera
Deal Sharer

That's good stockpiling and I wish more people were like you. If you look at the coupon sites a lot of them are pretty clear they are looking to get something for nothing to get something for themselves. 

0 Likes

BarbaraG
Saver

Well, I'm certainly glad I asked!!! I did not know about the inability public assistance recipients to buy HBA items. I have avoided those things in favor of food items, but with your explanation, I can see there is no reason to skip over them. There are many HBA offers and after reading your explanation, I'll be more ready to buy them, too.

0 Likes