cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate credit delay

1ladeybugg
Shopper
  • #8666512 This ticket for 6 Snuggle rebates plus a bonus was placed 13 days ago. Over a week later I was asked for a receipt that I mentioned was already uploaded into the Ibotta system on the original submission date for which I received $.50 for a different item. Either way I re-uploaded the receipt to the email requested by an Ibotta rep.  Several days later I get a random email response from yet another person simply saying, I will get this over to the "correct" department. Clearly Ibotta employees do not value us and treat us as if we are a nuisance.  I understand busy. However I also understand dismissive and unprofessional behavior.  This makes me sad. 
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Rebate credit delay

What-Shot
Super Saver

I agree that delays/responses such as those are frustrating. Thankfully, if you have the patience & fortitude it will eventually get worked out.

Something I learned very early-on is to be as SPECIFIC as possible when submitting my original ticket. 

Subsequently I've learned that taking lots of screenshots of offers & matched offers, etc. are helpful in the event that I will need them to support a future ticket. Pics are easy to delete from my phone later if no issue arises (but such a convenience to have if necessary).

Lately, I've started submitting the pics with my original ticket...simply as a convenience for the person reviewing my ticket (and to ward off the possibility of further delay). 

Wishing you a speedy resolution from this point forward. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Lorr
Rewards Guide

I know how you feel. I submitted a ticket for missing rebates and attached photos of the bonus, my receipt, barcodes and front of the packages. The first response they said they fixed it—I go and look and they just changed/removed other rebates but I was still missing 4 dollars. So I replied and said hey you messed this up—they replied again sorry about that, fixed it. Nope—still wrong. I’m patient so I replied again telling them what they needed to fix and what I was missing as per the original ticket. 

replied again—all fixed up, I corrected x rebate and added x rebate. Allow me time to fix the original ticket complaint. Thanks for saving with ibotta!

I check on it a few days later and they’d marked it solved! It asked me to rate my experience and I was livid so of course I rated it as bad cause all they did was fix what they messed up.

the last ibotta reply was a week ago where it said they were getting this to the department that can assist me. I wonder what that really means? Cause it was a pretty simple ticket and this person should have been able to handle it.  

All this for 4 bucks. Crazy. 

1ladeybugg
Shopper

Thank you and I do try to be specific but I will begin to send over pics as well, especially if that will help. I try to be patient as this is far from the 1st situation. This one just seemed to tip the scales for me. 

0 Likes

1ladeybugg
Shopper

Thank You! You get it!  There seems to be little to no recourse for the way things are handled and turn-times no longer exist. If they need help there are plenty of people seeking employment in this climate. Zero sense of urgency and/or accountability seems there.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Expert

@Lorr 

I have gotten the "getting this to the department that can assist me" message, too.  I think this is a canned message that they somehow feel is better than saying "Sorry, we are busy.  Please wait."  I have also gotten the message that says to look at the list of possible solutions and select one, but there is never any solutions listed.

They are swamped.  They have been for months.  They probably brought in a few people from other departments to help out, but they weren't trained to look at everything and credit your account.

If they are like other companies, they think they can handle the workload and get through without the huge cost of people.  Then when they realize they were wrong, it is too late.  No training, not enough people and management saying they have to cut costs.

COVID-19 did not help.  I have heard that many of Customer Support is working from home.  This has to slow things down.  I don't envy them and I would not want to be in their shoes.  It is a thankless job.

I am glad that when my requests are handled wrong the first time, it goes to someone else who might know what they are doing.  By the third person, they seem to just give you the money so you will go away.

It is too bad that good ideas, like Ibotta, are being hurt by poor Customer Service.  But I try to be patient and wait.  So far, every request I have submitted over the last five years has been resolved.