cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt rules?

Lifetimereward
Shopper

I want to make sure this not breaking rules and what the protocol is before doing anything.

If you have a receipt showing purchase of 2 of the same item.  Day 1 you submitted the receipt to get free offer let say $3 for buying 1

1) On day 2 your offer resets but now it’s $1 for buying the item quantity 1 only. Can you resubmit the same receipt from day 1 to get the $1 because technically you bought 2 and each would be apply to each offer separately  as these would not be considered duplicate offers?  

2) if you are allowed to do #1 then do you submit it thru system hoping you don’t get erroneously flagged or do you submit a ticket directly to customer service just to get manually credited and hope your explanation is clear and they don’t remove your $3 and only give you $1.  Only catch is it will not be counted as an offer if they manually give you or you lose timing.

3) assuming both offers appear at same time and not after initial offer is completed.  Is it consider a duplicate receipt or since you bought 2 it is not considered a duplicate as long as each terms is completed. Since each offer quantity requirement is fulfilled separately you can get both offers

Thanks in advance for and insight/advice.  I want to make sure I’m following the rules so I don’t get banned for not knowing accidentally. It’s not worth the offer if it’s going to be disallowed.  I’m assuming that’s why people wonder why their account  is locked since it’s against rules and the system is flagging them and locking it for manual review.  

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Receipt rules?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lifetimereward 

SUBMITTING RECEIPT MULTIPLE TIMES

You can only submit each receipt once for the same product. 

If the offer is for buying 1, and you are hoping it resets, you need to buy additional ones on separate receipts.  I do this sometimes, and I always make sure each receipt has a different receipt total just in case that causes issues.  I'm just not certain the time is a qualifier they track to determine uniqueness of receipts.

• Although you bought two and the offer was only for one, you can't 'bank' the second one to use later due to the limitation above. 
  • Submitting the same receipt multiple times for the same product is a quick way to get your account locked..
  • You also never want to resubmit a receipt if an offer resets and the initial submission resulted in partial payment (e.g. offer had limit of 5, you purchased 5, and they only paid you for 3.)   In that case, you need to open a ticket to get credit for the other two..
  • If you bought something that did not have an offer, but three days later an offer shows up for the item, you can resubmit that receipt for the product you have not redeemed.   You have 7 days from purchase to do so.

DUPLICATE OFFERS

If there are multiple offers that cover the same product ($1 WYB1 <and>  $2 WYB3),  excepting 'any brand' offers, they likely are a mistake, and technically should both not be redeemed.   I do not believe ibotta would ban you or lock your account for doing so, but to me it is just not risking it due to the time it would take to clear it all up.  You should avoid posting such deals in this forum as it is frowned upon.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Lifetimereward
Shopper

@Rickibotta 

Thanks.  To clarify so you can buy an item on 3 separate receipts in the same day to use on a potential reset on 3 separate days?  I always thought that you had purchased on different days since the offer is only valid once use per day.  I have mostly play it safe although it would be nice to stock up on stuff you like while in stock and on sale.  I think that was how SK worked so I thought it would be similar at ibotta.  It always to risky to prepurchase for me as I never return stuff last thing I want is ibotta reversing the first receipt if they can’t tell which one was a return.  Thanks for your explanations.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Lifetimereward 

Technically. When an offer resets, it is a new offer anyway, but yes, you can buy on 3 separate receipts.

Kroger had snickers brownie 2.4 oz on sale for 54 cents.  That in and of itself was a good deal, but there were kroger cash back. Ibotta, DQs, etc at different times.  Stock was diminishing, so I bought 15 all on the same day -  5 with my regular groceries, 5 with one additional item, and 5 by themselves.  The last two receipts were each submitted when reset each time.  I later repeated this but buying 2 on 3 separate receipts when the offer changed.  If the offer had not reset, I still would have been happy.

I think your assumption that you could not buy twice in the same day was confusing the fact that when you submit the receipt, the offer disappears.

I personally would never return something because I bought it  hoping for a reset.  I have returned things because by the time I submitted the receipt, a rebate site had pulled the offer.

It has been a long time since I tried to buy ahead with SK, so I forget if you can do that

Regarding returns, I believe the only grocery return retailer that results in reversals is WM.  I am fairly certain WM captures your return with the TC#, so ibotta would reverse the proper receipt.  If you accidentally buy more of something than the max ibotta redemption,, you would need to do a 'no receipt' return for the excess to avoid reversal.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”