cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt Vanished

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

I'm getting to my limit with Ibotta. I truly love the app when it works, but lately that's been happening less and less frequently. 

I just ran to 3 stores and have an issue with 1 receipt. There just isn't a time now when all go through without a hitch. This one is even a new one for me though. The Target receipt that I uploaded in store and made sure everything was added, well it's not showing up under pending even. It's just gone, poof! The offers for it, are also gone, so I can't just resubmit. So I have to yet again open a ticket and wait at least 48 hours. This makes it a real pain, to make sure I'm not being duped, to make sure everything I validated and accounted for is correctly displayed, and to not know the exact progress towards bonuses or if I'll even receive them. To top it off, I had my husband start an account when @LaraL advised it was ok. Walked through the store with him a few days ago and showed him how it works and had him purchase enough to qualify for the first into bonuses...he can't cash out! Why? They locked the account for review, fine. They were contacted, they said they reviewed and everything was good to go, proceed. Go to cash out again, and same message. Contact them back, and now they say you have to wait a few more days, which isn't an exact time frame AND where does it say that in the terms of use that you can't cash out as soon as you get the cash out dollar amount? They advised to continue using the account in the meantime, umm why would any rational person who can't already get their money continue using the app?

This is becoming a job in and of itself to monitor things and this is usually when I quit sites. It doesn't become worth my time. I understand they are having growing pains, but they aren't communicating with their end users on what's going on and why they are having so many issues and clearly not hiring more people to help clear the backlog from whatever the developers are doing.  

22 Replies

Re: Receipt Vanished

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

Also before anyone asks, I do NOT link accounts ever, so not a linked account issue.

MerSadie
Saver

I had same issue last week at Target.  Scanned in store, checked the check and purchased. I go to redeem and the offer is not anywhere. I do a ticket and they send me basic info about how to make sure your offers are unlocked before you purchase. They did NOT even acknowledge the fact of the offer not being found. It does get so frustrating fixing all the problems!! Good luck to you! 

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

I submitted, I saw all the offers and the total and hit submit. It just then didn't appear under pending, but the offers are no longer available similar to when it does pend because I already "redeemed" them.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Loves2Save 

I am curious if maybe it is some wifi issue or something.  Have you still not received the email about your redemption?  How long ago was it?

Seems you are going through the paces lately.  I feel your frustration.  One thing is sure, and that is the ibotta customer service may move slowly but they tend to come through in the end. 

Based on the fact the offers disappeared, I am optimistic something should happen rather soon without a ticket.  I have never had that happen.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MerSadie 

That email is auto-generated.  Often there is a prompt asking if you still need help.   If you scanned in store and the offer was for that store, they will make it right with a ticket

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta  I didn't think to check for an email, but I just did and see the store I hit before Target and the store after, but nada for Target. I took a picture of the receipt, typed out how much I think each offer was for and took a picture of everything purchased to submit with this ticket. Based on others experience it doesn't sound like these items will qualify for a bonus which was the real reason to purchase them. I see taking a break from the app until they start communicating at least and explaining what's going on. Let us know they need to test and take the app down during a scheduled preplanned time frame. I think users will be more understanding than the constant issues and the lack of an explanation. 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hey @Loves2Save,

There's a lot to unpack here so let me start with the account lock on your husband's account. Can you private message me the email he used for the app so I can reach out about that one specifically? I asked the head of the team that manages those flags and she cleared it, so I want to run it by her directly.

Your pending redemptions/receipt disappearing sounds like a product issue on our end. There's been a lot of unusual app behavior in the past month or so, and "disappearing offers" are something I've been working really hard to get proper attention. There's been a significant number of these cases where they offers were pulled during the time between adding to your list and submitting the receipt. This is not a great experience and very frustrating, and as such, many of us here at Ibotta have been actively investigating resolutions and root causes, however it takes awhile and not every instance is the same.

Another item I've been discussing with the head of our Care team is a way to attach credit to bonuses. We've gained some traction on this but nothing immediately available apart from our Care agents doing a manual credit for the bonus that was missed.

We seem to be going through a series of product issues lately, and I just want you all to know that I really appreciate you sharing feedback like this, because it enables me to prove that there is in fact an urgency. I am sorry, on behalf of Ibotta, for all the poor user experiences. All I can advise for the time being is to work with our Care team when possible, and if that isn't working, reach out to myself.

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

So, I had this same thing happen to me today with my Target receipt.  Had 3 items, all showed up as matching, took a screenshot, hit send.  Get to Walgreens, open the app and see I have notifications.  But it's not for the Target receipt, just that offers are now back in my gallery.  The Target receipt isn't even showing in notifications, so I flip to the store and the offers are gone.  Annoyed, yes.  But I proceed to get my items at Walgreens and by time I got home, my Target receipt had cleared and I got credit. So point is, you don't have to jump on sending a ticket.  Just wait a few hours, usually it will work itself out.  If it's still not credited within 24 hrs, then I'd send a ticket.  This is why I always take (and suggest) screenshots of the verified offers page before hitting send.  It has come in handy a few times!

I do hope your husbands acct gets straightened out.  I read too many stories about households having more than 1 acct, getting locked or deactivated.  It really sucks, especially when in their own terms says you can!  So I just go at it with my lone account, even though it is tempting to get my husband or mom to sign up.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MelissaR 

I don't feel right having my son get an account so I can get 10 of something I stead of 5.  If he just got different things, that would be okay. I just try not 2 be greedy.  (Not judging or insinuating about anyone here, just speaking of my own situation.  YMMV.

0 Likes