cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFERRAL CODES

FelskyNY
Deal Master

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just sensitive right now - but if we could avoid clogging up the board with people just sharing a subject line to share referral codes that would be great. 

I try to limit sharing my codes for when I post some good stacking deals - otherwise - to post - "here's my code, here's my code" (like I see all over facebook) clogs up the boards for all of us to share deals.  

Let's be honest, we all would love for people to use our codes to get the referral bonuses.  It's similar to when you are looking for a teammate (which has it's own thread) or say "I'm new what do I do!" (which also has newbie threads).  

This is a great community (unlike some FB groups that I have joined in the past) with a lot of really terrific people - it's not cut-throat and we all have gotten some really excellent deals by sharing.

thanks for listening - if you disagree, just let me know.

6 Replies

Re: REFERRAL CODES

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY I completely agree with you and thanks for bringing it up🙂 The community is growing which is so awesome. It is getting a little harder to sift thru teammate requests and referral codes for other sites. Both topics important to folks I realize and respect, but, as you pointed out, it is making it more.difficult to see deals findings, success stories, games being played, questions about new products etc.

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Guilty as charged.  I appreciate your feedback. 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

If people would put them up where they belong deals stacking, bonuses etc. It wouldn't be a problem. The new people do not want to read the rules and where things go 1st then when you point them in the right direction they tell you you're being nasty.

What-Shot
Super Saver

Good point. I agree....but clarification would be helpful:

In an effort to fully understand, I am wondering if you mean that when sharing a stackable deal (for example with CoinOut), it is also disagreeable to add a memo about our CO link at the end of sharing details about the offer?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Ibotta-Addict  honestly I wasn't talking about you at all! I was talking about people who join the community only to post their referral codes. You share deals, join in on conversations etc.  That's cool.  It's people who join JUST to spew their referral codes.  As part of a chain when people ask, sure give your code. If you post a great stacking deal, post your code. It's when people say, hey I use ABC here's my code that clogs the board.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot I agree, you post a good deal, of course share your code to stack.  That's just my opinion.  Let everyone else weigh in too.