cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Reversed?

megla
Core Shopper

How long are we expected to keep receipts? I got a refund from 3/14 reversed yesterday... like no I dont still have that.... what is the issue

And yes I know the contact support but also like I don't have the receipt and now I'm concerned this is going to become a 'thing' and with over $900 lifetime I sure as s h i t do NOT want to pay that back

37 Replies

Re: Refund Reversed?

ShannonA1
Saver

@megla  

I’ve had this happen too, it can be really frustrating.

How long is it been since you saw the reversal? A few times I’ve noticed this happen is my notification area, and then within 24 hours it reverses back. In these situations I didn’t even have time to submit a ticket. I don’t know what that’s about… But anyway it seems to resolve itself in those cases.

Also, can you think of a reason for the reversal? Silly, I know, but I’ve returned items, forgotten about the returns, and then realized that’s the reason for the reversal. (Just wanted to throw that out there as well.)

$900 lifetime is a lot! First of all, congratulations and secondly, heck no I wouldn’t want to pay that back LOL! I’m sure if this is the first time an arbitrary reversal has happened for you that you’re not gonna have to pay back anything close to your lifetime earnings back.

I hope this gets resolved for you, keep us updated.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@megla  Click on your earnings, scroll down to that date

click on the ? in the corner and view receipt - hope this helps.

megla
Core Shopper

@ShannonA1 happened on the 5th and it's now the 7th. I NEVER return anything besides clothes cause Im like whatever I'll just eat the $5 or whatever. 

@FelskyNY from what I see I have the correct product on the receipt - the receipt just has a line through the text. HOWEVER, I'd expect this to be denied after a day or two NOT two months past. Why are they still looking at receipts? Also back to that concern... I don't want this to happen to all of the other things. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@megla   Put in a ticket - take a screen shot of the receipt (although they obviously have it) I know it stinks, and you don't want to have to worry about every receipt going forward. Uggh  sorry hon

What-Shot
Super Saver

Bummer that this has happened. Cheering for quick & successful resolution. 

I'm curious if your $900 of earnings is sitting as credit in your ibotta account? or is it your cumulative earnings? 

Meanwhile, you did raise a good question: How long we should keep our receipts? Perhaps @LaraL  can answer than for us? I always set aside my receipts until I get rebate credit. Then I move them to the "completed" stack for a couple of months before tossing.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

@megla 

I had something reversed, too. It was small and my first one, but with all the bonus points that are never rewarded to me, it seems that ibotta should have a set-in-stone time allowance that prevents them from going back more than a month for these reversals. This is a very concerning practice!

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

As others have mentioned, it's still worth submitting a ticket. More times than not we'll still work with you considering the context.

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

@LaraL 

Could you please suggest an option, though, that some time frame for reversals be addressed? This is scary business for budgeting. I read a recent experience of someone having more than $200 reversed.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I will absolutely suggest that. I need to figure out if it's automatic or manual first, but I'm guessing it's an automatic process. From there I'll share everyone's experience and see if we can investigate a few.