Core Shopper

@LaraL 

You are the best!

0 Likes

Re: Refund Reversed?

Rickibotta
Shopping Enthusiast

@megla 

Was this a chrome extension purchase or through the app?

What store was it for?

Just curious because the only store I have had an automatic reversal from so far is Walmart.

"Remember, coupons are the only money you can print without the Feds getting involved"

kamartin1
Core Shopper

@What-Shot 

That is a great system! I have a huge number of receipts though.

0 Likes

megla
Core Shopper

UPDATE: apparently it was an accident and they gave the money back 

oh man I had missed a bunch of replies

@What-Shot What No I always cash out to my Paypal I only had about $7.50 in ibotta so when they took the $8 it made my account negative. & I normally do keep my receipts but after 2 months I didn't think I needed them, @FelskyNY showed me how to find them though if they have already been submitted

@Rickibotta it was from an in store Walgreens purchase - after the mess I've had twice with extensions not working and them finally crediting me after a ticket they didn't credit the bonus (which is rlly why I bought some of the times I did) I refuse to use the extension. I only manually upload. 

@LaraL thank you for the concern I submitted a ticket and they said "Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We recently reviewed your submission for this offer, and verified that your credit was accidentally reversed. We have reapplied credit for the offer. We apologize for any inconvenience." 

Thank you for the concern! Not sure if this helps you in regards to figuring this out for everyone. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@megla  It's more exhausting to respond to all of us than to contact Ibotta!  Glad it worked out and thanks for updating us all!

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it was resolved!

mmoore01
Deal Expert

I just got a reversal this morning!  It was only a $.03 reversal for returning something back to Walgreens.com  No, I never returned the item.  I purchased it on 03/09/21 and picked it up on 03/10/21.  Luckily, I still have the receipt.

I am guessing there is something wrong with their auditing program.

I will be opening up a request this morning.  Not for the $.03, but to let them know they have a serious problem with their system.

LaraL
Community Manager

@mmoore01 receipt shows which date and which item was reversed? Feel free to private message me the details if you prefer.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

Ok so regarding credits being reversed every once in awhile, it's due to how we pay quickly for most online shopping transactions but it takes 2-6 months for the retailer to actually finalize the transaction. During this timeframe the order can be returned or adjusted in which case we’ll adjust it when it has finalized (a few months after you received a reward).

megla
Core Shopper

@LaraL mine wasnt online but I'll just assume it works in the same way

0 Likes