cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Regarding no of accounts for household

Gsg
Core Shopper

I am not sure where to post this. How many ibotta accounts a family can hold? Someone on the other forums posted I used mine and my husbands ibotta account to get these. So they doubled the offers, so wanted to understand the terms. 

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Regarding no of accounts for household

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

While there is no restriction on number of accounts per household, there is a restriction on receipts that are uploaded. If we detect "doubled offers" as you mentioned then those accounts will likely be banned.

So in other words, redeeming a receipt through one account is fine, so long as that same receipt isn't being redeemed with another account. There should be no issues with two people in the same household having their own unique accounts with their own unique receipts submitted.

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

My understanding is that it's one account per eligible phone number (aka per person). 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

While there is no restriction on number of accounts per household, there is a restriction on receipts that are uploaded. If we detect "doubled offers" as you mentioned then those accounts will likely be banned.

So in other words, redeeming a receipt through one account is fine, so long as that same receipt isn't being redeemed with another account. There should be no issues with two people in the same household having their own unique accounts with their own unique receipts submitted.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@Gsg 

Search through the forum and read the threads posted on the topic.  You will gain some valuable insight to prevent account issues.. Is there a maximum limit we can in our accounts? I've heard of people getting locked out. 

This is just one of the many threads posted.

Paying full price is optional
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

All too often, there is a huge disconnect between what people say they did and what really happened.

They will say they did nothing wrong.  But a person will set up a second account on their partners account.  The partner may not even know what ibotta is.  And the primary person only uses the secondary things so they can get all the freebies, mm, and a total of 10 instead of 5.  

And they also probably get confused and mix up the accounts when checking balances, etc

@Gsg  I would probably placed this in HELP / GENERAL SUPPORT

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Gsg: Doubled Offers can have a Double Meaning.

Doubled offers (according to @LaraL"s  explanation/definition), when using the same receipt to redeem offers in multiple ibotta accounts, would obviously be a violation of terms.

On the other hand Double the Offers, if referring to you & household member/teammate purchasing the same eligible products twice (on two receipts), then redeeming one receipt on one ibotta account and the other on a different account is acceptable (even if the other person is your teammate or household member). This sometimes how my husband & I get "Double the Offers."

However, even tho it's acceptable, ibotta's auto-flag system may go DEFCON 5. That's what happened to us. Our accounts were not simply locked--they were deactivated. Since that time, I always suggest that even if/when you (and a teammate/household member) have TWO different/legitimate receipts, I always suggest organizing the purchase in such a way that it would be obvious to the flagging system that it really is a different receipt (e.g., one receipt includes an extra item banana, onion) and/or (e.g., one receipt is broken into two, while the other is single).

Based in my experience, ibotta's auto scan does not have the capability to consistently differentiate between two receipts if the only differences are these: flavor, timestamp, method of payment,  receipt number.  

Solved! Go to solution

LaraL
Community Manager

Thank you for the clarification, @What-Shot! I think that's spot on.

Solved! Go to solution

Theresar
Deal Sharer

Can the same phone be used for two accounts, logging in and out of accounts as needed? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Theresar 

No.   No.  He-ll ,No.

Account lock.

1 account per phone.

Don't ever even check another account on your device

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Theresar: If I am not mistaken, I understand that ibotta terms does allow for up to 2 different accounts to be used on one device (unless there's been a change). Keep in mind, of course, that each account needs its own phone number.

However, speaking from experience, the auto-flagging system is HYPER sensitive when users access 2 accounts on one device. Personally, I don't recommend it but I do believe it's within terms. 

But @LaraL, will be able to speak to that. 

0 Likes