cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENEGING ON OFFERS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CREDITED AND ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

missikay03
Deal Sharer

I EARNED 20$ ON THE PURCHASE OF A CELL PHONE 9 DEC 2020 AND WAS CREDITED THEN 25 FEB 2021 I RECIEVED AN EMAIL SAYING MY ORDER WAS CANCELED. (IT WASN'T) SO OFFER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND IBOTTA SAYS IT CAN'T GIVE ME THE MONEY BACK BECAUSE OFFER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. HOW CAN YOU TAKE IT THEN? I HAVE SENT ALL DOCUMENTS BUT NOW - NO REPLY!!! 

SO, I DID A TEST YESTERDAY. I WENT IN AND SELECTED ALL IBOTTA ITEMS AND OFF TO WALMART. TOTAL IBOTTA OFFERS 19.95$  JUST GOT AN EMAIL AND WAS CREDITED ONLY 4.85$ FOR 6 ITEMS WHEN THERE WERE 26 ITEMS AND 3 OR POSSIBLY 4 BONUSES.

I HAVE SENT THE WHOLE THING IN AND KEPT METICULOUS RECORDS OF OFFERS AS THEY WERE YESTERDAY AND WHAT I RECIEVED. THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY TO SETTLE ISSUES. ANYONE???

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Re: RENEGING ON OFFERS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CREDITED AND ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

mmoore01
Deal Expert

I am sorry you are having so much trouble.  I can relate.  I recently had a Walmart Pickup order that Ibotta never got the information from Walmart.

Since Ibotta had nothing, I had to submit pictures of each item (19) along with the UPCs of each one.  I included my email receipt from Walmart and a list of all offers and bonuses I should have received. I attached over 50 files to my request.

It took over a week, but I finally got the money I should have gotten.

I don't know why your verizon issue happened, but if you have documentation on it, Ibotta should come through.  You just have to be patient and not give up.

As for your Walmart purchases, if you submitted your receipt, you should know before you send it which items match.  Sometimes the app doesn't catch everything, but you can scan the UPC to add it. You can also scan the receipt a second time within 24 hours.  This can sometimes get the missed items.

If you did grocery pickup and delivery, then you will have to open a request and submit pictures of every item along with the UPCs.  Be sure to include screenshots of offers and bonuses.

Be aware, if Walmart substituted an item, you won't get Ibotta credit unless the substituted item is also in Ibotta.

Be patient and good luck.

0 Likes

Re: RENEGING ON OFFERS AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CREDITED AND ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

RCKCreatEnt
Rewards Advocate

@missikay03 I just don't get the whole ONLINE GROCERY shopping and home delivery thing, maybe if I became incapacitated

As long as I can walk I'll stick with the brick and mortar. I LOVE to be physically IN a store where I'm chasing cash back deals, the occasional chance to strike up small talk with 1 or more total strangers and keeping my feeling of upper hand control when scanning my receipt and offer item barcodes, or in the case of Walmart the receipt barcode

missikay03
Deal Sharer

I hear ya...There's nothing like it. I can remember being in Food Lion and cashing in on a coupon deal where I cleaned out ziploc and got $$ back. On sale, manufacture and store coupon. Something like B1G1 for xxx and with coupons they paid me, plus I had so many freezer bags to use.

Then my husband died and my anxiety got so bad for a year I could barely open the door and let the daylight in. Now three years past COVID Craze upon us and......enough said.

I like being able to get deals from the comfort of my home on my time and avoiding all the crazy people licking ice-cream and fighting in the aisles...LOL

Tags (1)
0 Likes

missikay03
Deal Sharer
Ibotta came through beautifully on the remaining Walmart order, but seriously - 
Every item on the receipt (p/u order) was handpicked off Ibotta before order and no substitutions. Even if only 2/3 of the order was shopped all bonuses (4@12.50$) would have paid along with each items value and only 6 items out of almost 30 were counted. That's pretty poor in the scheme of things.
Verizon I don't even understand - I placed the order - got the reward a week or so later - two months + go by and they take the 20$ back and say I cancelled the order - WTHeck, How do you deal with this? I sent copy of contract and receipt. I don't know what else I can do. The email said, "she got my info but couldn't give me the money back because the offer was no longer being offered." You mistakenly take my money and now can't give it back...WHAT???
Now I'm seeing people in the negative after Ibotta taking from the accounts. That's crazy. I was trying to save this money this year but I can tell you I took what was left right out and won't leave it in there anymore.
0 Likes

missikay03
Deal Sharer

THANK YOU  Addison (Ibotta) FOR HELPING GROUCHY ME, BUT HEY, 20$ IS 20$

Feb 27, 2021, 17:29 MST

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We reviewed your Verizon order and verified that your credit was accidentally reversed. We have reapplied credit for the offer and bonus. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience, and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Addison