cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Same Receipt / New Offer

Saving4Fun

@FelskyNY Not to worry, I’m gonna stick around and most definitely will share my Target deals. I’ve also done really well at CVS, Walgreens, and Publix. You probably know how much you can save/earn by utilizing the beauty club at CVS. That was a recent discovery for me, and it’s unbelievable. My biggest score so far this week was a $30 bottle of face cream that was a dollar money maker. Even better, it’s a product that I’ve been wanting to test on some acne issues I’m having related to my autoimmune condition. As for today’s dilemma, I’m going to wait another hour or so but will likely  submit the receipt. I just got an initial reply from support, but as expected, I don’t think they understand my question. It was one of the form responses that requested photos of the front of the products and barcodes. I had included a photo of my receipt and screenshots of both offers, which should have been enough to answer the question, but I’ll keep you posted. 

Saving4Fun

@FelskyNY It’s been 8 hours since I submitted my ticket and 4 hours since I submitted the requested photos. Someone just closed the ticket and marked it as solved, even though I never got a reply. I went ahead and submitted the receipt. Then, I created a follow-up ticket to make sure it’s known that I’m not trying to be deceptive. At the end of the day, Target’s price guarantee and return policy would’ve allowed me to return the items and immediately re-purchase them, in order to receive the rebate. It’s the same thing we do if an item goes on sale or there’s a Circle offer added after you just made a purchase. Hopefully, I won’t have any issues, and I told them to reverse the credit, if it is an issue. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Super Saver

If the "any purchase after" date/time of the new offer is before the date/time of your receipt, should be no issue resubmitting the receipt for the credit.

If not, you will have to wait for the determination of the review. 

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@Saipan Where is that listed because I don’t see it anywhere. Either way I got a reply from support that told me I was absolutely fine, but guess what, my account now has another block on it. @FelskyNY can you believe that my account has been blocked again?! Even after I was assured by the support center that it was okay and everything would be fine. I don’t know what to do. Last time, the account review team permanently deactivated my account, and I had to send all kinds of proof and beg for my account to be reinstated. That was only one week ago. I’m so worried they’re going to deactivate it again and not reinstate it. I’m so confused about what I’m supposed to do, and why are they so harsh when there’s a suspicious activity? I’m not trying to cheat. I’ve been completely transparent from the beginning. 

mmoore01
Deal Master

Remember, you are just one of thousands, maybe 100 of Thousands of users in Ibotta.  The blocking could be done automatically when it sees something it doesn't understand.

Whenever there is money involved, there will be safeguards in place to prevent fraud, even when there is no fraud.

If you still have an open request on this, add to it.  If not, open a new request to unlock your account.  I would refer to the previous request and be polite.  

The good news is that my last request only took a day, so they may get back to you fairly soon.

Good luck.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Saving4Fun  I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time and you are smart to be so transparent on all your purchases. Good luck getting your account unlocked, I feel your frustration. 

Saving4Fun

@FelskyNY thank you! I just pray they are nicer to me this time and don’t permanently deactivate me forever. They don’t realize that their rush to judgement and their false accusations are really upsetting to some people. I guess I need to get thicker skin, but it really hurts when this happens, and I’m already dreading the response I’m going to get. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Saving4Fun  (unfortunately you aren't having much fun saving)

@mmoore01  had good advice for you.  Use the same ticket.  As he said, there are so many people doing fraudulent activities and most this is based off some algorithm that flags an account.  Just keep going further and further up the food chain if you have to, and keep us posted.  This certainly isn't fun for you and we (the people) totally get it. 

Saving4Fun

@mmoore01 thank you so much! Yes, I added to the previous ticket which was still open and hoping it is routed to Lauren, who was the last to respond and explained all of  the policies related to my question. She was excellent, and I could tell she was higher up the chain. Just in case, I also created a new ticket. I try to be polite, but I’m sure I could always do a better job. I take it personally, especially the way they responded last time. It hurts to be accused of these things and feels the same as when I’m followed around a store. I’m immediately flagged as a potential shoplifter because I don’t drive and carry a book bag.

Saipan
Super Saver

It would be in the offer description. It appears Exclusion dates are mostly listed on "Earn More" offers. 

Regarding your account lock, if you use a VPN, that could be the issue.