Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning barcodes

Norska
Rewards Hunter

Ok, hi there I am a newbie today.

What a marvelous service this is!

TodayI had 3 items to scan. The app auto-scanned before the barcode appeared in the window in the app.

Did I get credit 4 for these items? 

The Amount earned figure does not reflect the total amount of savings for 3 items.

What to do. What to do ...

7 Replies

Re: Scanning barcodes

ImaHappyMama
Deal Sharer

If you go into your settings on the app (profile > settings > transaction history), you will see everything that you got credit for. Are you a new Ibotta user? I made a lot of mistakes when I first started, like not checking the minimum number of items required to get credit. I have notices the app scanning the barcode before appearing in the window, but it has not affected my credit. There's also a specific sound it makes and will tell you if it doesn't meet. 

Hope this helps.

Vmccfry
Shopper

Welcome! I've been using ibotta for about 3 months and love it. One thing to watch out for,  when you scan the receipt you'll notice that sometimes it doesn't find all the offers. When that happens,  I manually add them through the verify button. Then it may not show them initially but once they confirm the receipt, the correct total is usually there. For example,  I just had a receipt I uploaded today with 6 offers but it only had 5. I added the last one & it showed only .50 was pending.  However,  in a few hours it confirmed I had $6.25. So I got the correct amount.  Also if you have any issues, contact the ibotta care team. They're great, they respond within a day & have helped work out any issues (I've only used them a couple of times). Enjoy!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

They respond within a day?   Thanks I needed a chuckle.

Two to four days on average from my experience.  And it often takes submitting my clear, concise request multiple times before it is worked properly. 

I buy Monday night and I submit my receipt.  I get the email back and I immediately send them the email that it was incorrect.  I then get an automated email indicating someone will get back to me.  Generally I get a real response on Wednesday or Thursday.   About half the time, they take away one of the offers that they had given me originally.   So I have to resubmit, etc etc.

That being said, they do end up getting things right, and they do genuinely seem to care.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Wtennyson
Saver

Try submitting a ticket.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

From my experience, submitting a request takes two to three days to get a response.  Then, if I need to send more information, I have to wait two or three more days.  I have learned to always include a screenshot of the offer, a picture of my receipt and picture of the UPC.  I have actually done this and still received an email to send my receipt, which was already attached to the ticket.  But they have always come through and credited my account.

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

Hello that happens sometimes and it also pends as the wrong amount many times when it goes through it is correct. Just wait for it to go through first.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Norska,

I just read your post again, and I am curious if you are talking about when you are trying to redeem your offers and submit.

At the bottom of the screen, there is an  'ADD x PURCHASES: $x.xx' button.  As you enter the number of items for an offer and scan the appropriate number of barcodes, it will update the number and amount in the  'ADD x PURCHASES: $x.xx'..

So if you add two offers (let's say $1 for one cereal <and> 50 cents for cookies [25¢ each for two bags of cookies]  you should see the bottom indicating.'ADD 3 PURCHASES: $1.50' .

Let's say you have one last offer to redeem.  It is 50¢ off of rice (up to 5 times), and you purchased 4.  If you are concerned about the scan of one of the 4 items, you can always select that offer on the screen and it will deselect it.   Then you can start that offer over again.  Once you scan your 4 rices, it should indicate ADD 7 PURCHASES: $3.50' .

If the numbers don't match, you know something was done wrong, and you need to take corrective action before submitting.

All this being said, if you are scanning UPCs, and it did not really get the correct UPC, it would give you a message of DOES NOT MATCH anyway.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes