cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartSource discontinues print-at-home coupons

Dean

Saw this news over at KCL, which links to another site Coupons in the News. Never knew about that site but has some interesting articles. Basically, SmartSource is shifting from PQs to focus on DQs and Checkout 51.  Could be new ways of getting coupons in the future. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
8 Replies

Re: SmartSource discontinues print-at-home coupons

BogiesMom
Saver

😥 But Walmart doesn't do digital!?

0 Likes

BogiesMom
Saver
And...I really only use Walmart. I live in a rural area...😭
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@BogiesMom 

Sometimes the Sunday paper has good coupons.  If you live near a Dollar Tree, many of their stores carry the Sunday paper and sell it for $1 (limit=3).  Perhaps your store is already up to $1.25  for all items, but mine are not yet.

There are websites you can go to that will show you ahead of time what coupons will be in the Sunday paper.  Some even show pictures.  That way you can determine if it is worth paying for a paper.or not.

There are a lot of folks who post awesome deals for WM.

Keep an eye on the posts in the  DEALS folder (subfolders DEALS FORUM <and>  DEAL STACKING.    DEALS FORUM posts tend to be deals that only use ibotta rebates, while DEAL STACKING tends to be deals that use other rebate sites or coupons.  DEAL STACKING posts may also use ibotta, but sometimes they do not.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

BogiesMom
Saver

How do you organize these things? First by store..then discounts...then items? Thank you for the help! I'm going to go to DG to buy papers. What day should I go? Thanks again. Gee if I can't sleep then at least I can learn Ibotta....thanks!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@BogiesMom 

I have no idea how expensive papers are at DG.  And remember, you may not find anything or maybe one item on a particuolar Sunday.  So if the paper is $3, and you buy 3, you have spent $9.  So you would have to spend at least $9 in coupons on items just to break even,  Some weeks are better than others, and everyone has their own things they buy.  And some weeks only have one coupon book insert, and others have two or three.  That is where those websites come in handy  I mentioned  before that detail all the coupons for that Sunday.

As I said in one of my posts, the Sunday papersare only $1 or $1.25 at participating DT stores though.

Long term, you may want to consider seeing if you can find a really cheap subscription to whatever your closest paper is that has coupon inserts on Sunday.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

BogiesMom
Saver

Thank you again. Very helpful! 

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@BogiesMom   

Or, if you know someone who gets the newspaper, but doesn’t use the coupons-you can get paper coupons (PQs) that way. (My Mom saves all of hers for me.)

Also, if you download the Coupons.com app (we call it CDC around here), you’ll be able to scroll through a bunch of coupons, select them, and once you’ve made a qualifying purchase (be sure to double check the coupon with the item in store using the CDC bar code scanner in the CDC app) you can submit your receipt for the coupon money.

Just a caution though-CDC doesn’t stack with PQs, but will stack with Ibotta and most other app based rebates.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@BogiesMom 

And you often can print coupons twice from coupons.com website.  Often they also sometimes reset at the beginning of the month.  So you may be able to print twice at end of December and twice again at beginning of January,.

0 Likes